FSW cat 1 and Bunac

Old May 12th 2009, 10:38 pm
Forum Regular

MrBBQ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default FSW cat 1 and Bunac

Hi Guys,

I have a very confusing question that seems to be a grey area that we have had a few conflicting pieces of advice for.

So here is the situation:

We are going to move to canada on a BUNAC visa next March.

Before we go we are going to apply for PR as FSW cat 1 because I have two occupations on "the LIST". (Can both be counted or do I have to apply under a single occupation?)

We are getting proof of funds together and will easily have it by then....this will also be our settling funds (furniture, car, etc.)

What I am wondering is:

If we get our 120 day letter and I have a totally unrelated job to my PR occupation using my W.H.V. in canada, can I send proof of employment/permanent job offer instead of proof of funds with a covering letter saying that I am already working, so will not need proof of funds.

Or does my proof of employment/Permanent job offer have to be in the related PR application field to count?

Sorry for such a terrible question, but obviously we wanna be as comprehensive about our plans as possible and know when we can start settling in properly.

Thanks,

Jed
Old May 12th 2009, 11:04 pm
Forum Regular

garyg13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: FSW cat 1 and Bunac

Hi Jed,

This is what I am attempting to do at the moment.

As I understand it, to be exempt from proof of funds you will need an AEO which has to be applied for by your potential employer, it's basically an approved job offer but it has to be verified by HRSDC.
An AEO has to be skill type A or B so although it wouldn't need to be your occupation on the list, it would still have to be a skilled occupation.
However, if you think you and your partner could find a job quickly so you have an income to support yourself with, you could try and keep your settlement funds as backup incase you cannot find a skilled job.
It will be stressful, trust me, we got here 7 weeks ago and it took me 4 weeks to find a job which is luckily in my field and it has taken my girlfriend 7 weeks. But it will be worth it.

Good luck
Old May 12th 2009, 11:21 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Gary

So you are working with your comany now on your WHV and they have offered you a permanent position when your PR goes through?

Jed
Old May 13th 2009, 1:10 am
Forum Regular

Yeah I came over on the WHV in March and I managed to secure the job a month later. I explained the position I am to my employer and they have applied for an AEO which I will have amended onto my PR application (which is already sent in) and then I just have to wait and hope it all goes through in time, if not, I will apply for an LMO and get a TWP until it does.
It sounds complicated and it is terribly frustrating and it's all I think about these days but it will be worth it in the end!

I would suggest you get your Pr application sent in asap either way and you can add the AEO on when you get it.

The most annoying part is you spend your "settling funds" when you get here to buy a car and start renting a place etc. and then they ask for proof of funds all over again even though in your eyes you are "settled".
Old May 13th 2009, 1:19 am
Forum Regular

How many times have they asked you to prove your settlement funds?
Old May 13th 2009, 1:31 am
Forum Regular

I haven't sent away my documents to London, they goto Sydney first, then you will receive your 120 day letter around 4-6 weeks later and then you have 120days to send all supporting documents to London (which will include your proof of funds). So essentially you will have 4 or 5 months to send it away but obviously you need to do it as soon as possible if you want PR during the year, unless you can get an LMO and TWP.