FSW application & marriage

Old Oct 21st 2008, 9:24 am
Just Joined

latakia is an unknown quantity at this point
Default FSW application & marriage

Hi to everybody,

my fiance' applied in 2007 and she already received request for Proof of Funds, and the documentation for medical checks.

In order to go together, we are planning to get married, and with regard to this I would like to ask you some clarifications:

1. Anybody can confirm that in this case there will be no need from my side to send to them all the huge documentation that she had to send?

2. In your opinion, in how much time we should plan to get married in order to not slow down the process dramatically?

Many thanks in advance, cheers
L.
Old Oct 21st 2008, 2:23 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: FSW application & marriage

1. You will have to submit your part of forms (Schedule 1, IMM 5406) and your set of supporting evidence as listed in the application checklist. Plus of course marriage certificate and evidence proving that it is a bona fide relationship, not marriage of convenience for the purpose of immigration.

2. The sooner you marry and are added to application the less delay it will cause.