Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

FSW application.... bit of help please

Wikiposts

FSW application.... bit of help please

Old May 5th 2011, 9:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

alcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nice
Default FSW application.... bit of help please

Hi all,

This might seem a daft question, and its a bit awkward to explain so please bear with me

On the Visa forms, it asks for your work history etc..... it asks for a 'from' date and a 'to' date....now i wanted to put 'present' as i am obviously still working, but when filling out the forms on the computer it doesnt give you the option... it only allows you to put a date in...I was going to just put the current date (date we send the forms) And im assuming the officer checking the forms realises iv not finished employement on that date?.....

Think thats correct, or should i leave it blank and then fill in 'present' manually?

I know this might seem trivial but its worry that they will bin the forms for any slight mistake!

Any help much appreciated
Old May 5th 2011, 9:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

rubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: FSW application.... bit of help please

Hi there,

I filled on my PC, printed them out then wrote on them by hand afterwards to put in "Present", just as you suggested.

That should be fine.

Old May 5th 2011, 9:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

alcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nice

Ah great minds think alike! thanks for the assurance.

Have you sent your forms away then? Any word back yet?
Old May 5th 2011, 9:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

rubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alcat2010
Ah great minds think alike! thanks for the assurance.

Have you sent your forms away then? Any word back yet?
My circumstances are slightly different to yours because the system's been changed a bit since I applied but if you're worried about it not being accepted, my application passed the first stage where they check the documents are filled out correctly, so you should be fine

I'm still waiting for a decision though, could be a while
Old May 5th 2011, 10:06 pm
Done!

engineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by rubberduckofdeath
Hi there,

I filled on my PC, printed them out then wrote on them by hand afterwards to put in "Present", just as you suggested.

That should be fine.

Yep did the same and got med requests through just fine
Old May 5th 2011, 10:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Waggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by rubberduckofdeath
Hi there,

That should be fine.

We did exactly the same thing - leave that field bank and after printing hand-write "Present" in the field. Same for current address.

Wayne.
Old May 6th 2011, 2:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks for the replies people,
Its good to know you have all been / going through the same stuff...

One more daft question if thats ok??

On the Fee Payment forrm, there is a table which you are to fill in with the :

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...uides/EG75.asp

The end box / 'amount due' , should that be a running total.... ?

i.e. Principal applicant--numb of persons --amount per pers --amount due
1 $550 $550
1 $550 $1100
1 $150 $1250

Total Payment $1250

Or should it only be added up at the end ?

I know it might seem trivial but.........

Thanks