FSW: App waiting time

Old Aug 8th 2014, 4:20 pm
Forum Regular

optimadam will become famous soon enoughoptimadam will become famous soon enough
Default FSW: App waiting time

Hi,

I applied for the FSW 2 months ago and I have not heard any thing back at all, and its quite frustrating.

I have read that they will not confirm the application and the only time you know they have it is when the money is taken from you account. This seems a bit silly to me because you cant even confirm they have it. It could have been lost in the post or ended up at the wrong location.

My question is has anyone else sent in an app in the last 2 months and received a reply. If people have I then know mine might have got lost. If not then I know I am not alone.

Look forward to hearing everyone's situation.

Cheers
Old Aug 8th 2014, 4:23 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: FSW: App waiting time

Did you not send it tracked?

You'll get your PER or NER about 3 months after applying, so still a little while to go. Most people send them tracked and signed for, so they know they've arrived for that reason.

HTH.
Old Aug 8th 2014, 4:33 pm
Forum Regular

optimadam will become famous soon enoughoptimadam will become famous soon enough

I have it tracked but not signed for. Royal Mail said they couldn't do signed for as it was a PO BOX.

Delivered in CANADA on 09/06/14.

Another month to wait, bit of a relief to hear that.

Last edited by optimadam; Aug 8th 2014 at 4:38 pm.
Old Aug 8th 2014, 7:34 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by optimadam
I have it tracked but not signed for. Royal Mail said they couldn't do signed for as it was a PO BOX.
Canada Post can though, have you checked their tracking?
Old Aug 8th 2014, 9:52 pm
Forum Regular

I wasnt aware that was possible as I was only given a Royal Mail tracking number.
Old Aug 9th 2014, 12:48 am
BE Forum Addict

withabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond repute

I wasnt aware that was possible as I was only given a Royal Mail tracking number.
Put that into tracking box on Canada Post website
Old Aug 9th 2014, 2:18 am
Pondering a career change

Mikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond repute

Delivered in CANADA on 09/06/14.

Another month to wait, bit of a relief to hear that.
9th June, you will have a long wait then. Mine was received on the 26th May and I have yet to get credit card charged followed by PER hopefully or worst case scenario NER. I'm assuming as they are only upto apps received 13th May that I won't here till September at the earliest and bearing in mind your app went in 2 weeks after mine you could be waiting till October at the earliest unless CIC suddenly hits a speed bump and starts processing quicker.
Old Aug 9th 2014, 5:15 am
Forum Regular

Thanks, its nice to be reassured that is normal.

Mikeypm, it would be nice to hear when they get round to yours if you wouldn't mind sending me an update.
Old Aug 9th 2014, 5:24 am
Pondering a career change

Mikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, its nice to be reassured that is normal.

Mikeypm, it would be nice to hear when they get round to yours if you wouldn't mind sending me an update.

No worries as soon as I know I will let you know