British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   FSW (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/fsw-717167/)

Bexie7 May 16th 2011 8:18 am

FSW

Hi, I just working through the forms again and need clarification on a few things. I have to send my transcript from university. However the Visa Office Specific forms state I need the original transcript in a university sealed envelope. I got my transcript years back so it is no longer in a sealed envelope. Do I need to contact my university to obtain this? They will charge me for another copy, but they also send updates throughout the year, so would need to open the envelope to be sure what I've received, making it unsealed again.
Also, when getting copies of things some things state notarized, others don't (i.e notarized employment contracts, but diploma certificates and birth certificates just copies). I was just going to send a notarized copy and plain copy of each item just in case but don't want to get application sent back for sending too much rubbish.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Many Thanks
Bex

Elen1981 May 16th 2011 9:35 am

Re: FSW

Hi there,

I think sealed transcripts are a must unfortunately so you will have to order and pay for a copy. When I ordered mine from the University I specifically requested the transcript to be sealed (think this is proof that it hasn't been tampered with or anything!)

To keep yourself right I would have anything that you have photocopied notarized to prove that it is a true copy of an original document.

Hope this helps a bit :thumbsup:

alcat2010 May 16th 2011 9:49 am

oh oh......

I didnt have my transcripts in a sealed envelope.......:eek: :eek:

Elen1981 May 16th 2011 9:55 am

Hi,

Have you sent your application in already? I'm pretty sure the transcripts have to be sealed, I had to order new ones from the University even though I had copies of my own at home!:confused:

Bexie7 May 16th 2011 10:58 am

Thanks for your help. I'll send them a bit of everything just incase!
Bex

alcat2010 May 16th 2011 11:07 am

Hi,

no not sent the fsw forms yet. everytime we think we are ready to something crops up!

For example, im just back from 2 local post offices where I asked for "2 self addressed mailing labels".... as asked for on the document checklist...

But the intelligent people at the post office looked at me me as if I was stupid.... they had no idea what one was???:rofl:

im presuming its just a sticker with my name / address printed on it that the CIC can use to send any mail / correspondence back ??
So hoping some1 on here can shed any light...

With regards to the transcripts, we (my husband and I) are just about to go up to the university to get the transcripts put into a sealed uni envelope!....

Good luck

LinsyPinsy May 16th 2011 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by alcat2010 (Post 9367127)
Hi,

no not sent the fsw forms yet. everytime we think we are ready to something crops up!

For example, im just back from 2 local post offices where I asked for "2 self addressed mailing labels".... as asked for on the document checklist...

But the intelligent people at the post office looked at me me as if I was stupid.... they had no idea what one was???:rofl:

im presuming its just a sticker with my name / address printed on it that the CIC can use to send any mail / correspondence back ??

With regards to the transcripts, we (my husband and I) are just about to go up to the university to get the transcripts put into a sealed uni envelope!....

Good luck

Just responded to your other thread about this

yes its just a sticker with your name / address printed on it that the CIC can use to send any mail / correspondence back

lns

Elen1981 May 16th 2011 12:32 pm

Yes I know we were the same, always something cropping up like the sealed transcripts!(which I only realised about at the last minute) It's a relief to finally get the whole package sent off.:D

helcat12 May 16th 2011 6:08 pm

Originally Posted by alcat2010 (Post 9367127)
Hi,

Good luck

Well I hope you had more luck than we did - our University wouldn't just put my recently-acquired Transcript into a sealed envelope, they said they had to charge me for another one because I might have tampered with it! I said they could check the information on their system when I came up to the offices and then it would prove it was unchanged but they still said no because that would "take someone a lot of of time. To check 1 and a half pages of A4, most of it waffle and sparkly patterns to stop you photocopying it? I think not!
Anyway, they made me pay again. :frown: