FSW 2014 - credit card charged

Old Nov 9th 2014, 6:02 pm
Forum Regular

Danii_i is an unknown quantity at this point
Default FSW 2014 - credit card charged

morning all
It looks like CIC has started working on my FSW application, hurray! The docs were sent back in July and last week I noticed that the application fee had been taken from my account.
This is the very first time in my life that I feel happy about the fact that my cc has been charged. It looks like we are on a good path to get things moving and to finally land in Canada (at some point within the next 2 years perhaps).
I managed to send most paperwork to CIC in July. The only outstanding thing is a police check from the US as I stayed there a while ago.
Actually, I do have the FBI record as it arrived in July (3 days after I had sent the application). As the police check cannot be older than 3 months I will have to get a new one soon.
My question is: do I contact FBI now or wait until I am asked by CIC to do so? I do not want to be in a similar position that the second certificate is more than 3 months old before I am due to send it to CIC. At the other hand I would like the proceed with the FSW application as soon as possible so any delay is not welcome.
Do you know if I need another set of fingerprints done? Or can the FBI work on the once I sent to them in June?
And finally, having known that my application has moved up to the top of the pile, what shall I expect next and within what timescales?
Old Nov 10th 2014, 8:46 am
Forum Regular

Kaylawayla is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: FSW 2014 - credit card charged

Originally Posted by Danii_i
morning all
It looks like CIC has started working on my FSW application, hurray! The docs were sent back in July and last week I noticed that the application fee had been taken from my account.
This is the very first time in my life that I feel happy about the fact that my cc has been charged. It looks like we are on a good path to get things moving and to finally land in Canada (at some point within the next 2 years perhaps).
I managed to send most paperwork to CIC in July. The only outstanding thing is a police check from the US as I stayed there a while ago.
Actually, I do have the FBI record as it arrived in July (3 days after I had sent the application). As the police check cannot be older than 3 months I will have to get a new one soon.My question is: do I contact FBI now or wait until I am asked by CIC to do so? I do not want to be in a similar position that the second certificate is more than 3 months old before I am due to send it to CIC. At the other hand I would like the proceed with the FSW application as soon as possible so any delay is not welcome.
Do you know if I need another set of fingerprints done? Or can the FBI work on the once I sent to them in June?
And finally, having known that my application has moved up to the top of the pile, what shall I expect next and within what timescales?
Hey, congrats on the per.

Were in the same boat.

Also in the same boat in regards to your question about the police certificate. Though my wife was in Australia for a year back in 2000.

Hopefully someone will give you / us an reply
Old Nov 13th 2014, 9:39 am
Forum Regular

Danii_i is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks Kaylawayla and congs to you too: I've seen your previous post re the per.
I have now decided to start the entire procedure with the FBI again, without waiting for a letter from CIC. Where I stay, in Scotland, there is only one individual that does fingerprints. If it happens that he is not operating (e.g. away for a long Christmas holiday or unwell) I am unable to get the prints and stuck...

Anyway, fingers crossed that all goes fine, I am still to receive an official email from CIC as have not heard from them. Good luck to you, it would be good if you could let us know here on the forum how things went (I will try to post an update once things move on too)
Old Nov 13th 2014, 7:35 pm
Forum Regular

Kaylawayla is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Danii,

Yeah be good to keep each other updated, I started a 'Fsw timeline' thread but doesn't seem too busy/popular at the moment.. Strange as in previous years there seemed loads of people using this type of thread.

Maybe the forum isn't as popular as it used to be? maybe that's why we haven't had a response / advice to our question regarding the police certificates (and my question about expiring passport)

Where in Scotland are you? We're from Clydebank but now live in bishopton.

Last edited by Kaylawayla; Nov 13th 2014 at 7:52 pm.