FSW 2013 - Opening.

Old Dec 19th 2012, 4:41 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default FSW 2013 - Opening.

Hi

The Minister announced today that the FSW program will open on May04/13 for applications. The announcement is here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/departm...2012-12-19.asp

"There are two new steps to the new selection system. First, applicants will have to demonstrate that they meet the minimum language threshold, which is level 7 of the Canadian Language Benchmark assessment system. Applicants will be able to get a language assessment from existing agencies designated by the Minister and listed on the CIC website.

Second, applicants will have their education credentials assessed prior to arriving in Canada. A list of assessment organizations designated by the Minister will be made available early in the New Year. The assessment of foreign educational credentials will provide prospective newcomers with a more realistic understanding of how their credentials compare to education standards in Canada. It will also give them the opportunity to upgrade their education prior to coming to Canada if they choose.

It is important to note that these changes will not apply to people who have applied to the FSWP prior to May 4, 2013 with a qualifying arranged job offer or under the Ph.D. stream.

As recently announced, due to the actions taken over the past months, new applications under the FSWP will be processed in a few months, rather than a few years. In order to ensure fast processing times and to avoid backlogs, the new FSWP will accept a fixed number of applications each year.

In the medium term, the Government is also moving forward to develop and implement an Expression of Interest (EOI) model, which will provide employers with access to a pool of skilled workers.
Old Dec 19th 2012, 4:54 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: FSW 2013 - Opening.

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

The Minister announced today that the FSW program will open on May04/13 for applications. The announcement is here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/departm...2012-12-19.asp

"There are two new steps to the new selection system. First, applicants will have to demonstrate that they meet the minimum language threshold, which is level 7 of the Canadian Language Benchmark assessment system. Applicants will be able to get a language assessment from existing agencies designated by the Minister and listed on the CIC website.

Second, applicants will have their education credentials assessed prior to arriving in Canada. A list of assessment organizations designated by the Minister will be made available early in the New Year. The assessment of foreign educational credentials will provide prospective newcomers with a more realistic understanding of how their credentials compare to education standards in Canada. It will also give them the opportunity to upgrade their education prior to coming to Canada if they choose.

It is important to note that these changes will not apply to people who have applied to the FSWP prior to May 4, 2013 with a qualifying arranged job offer or under the Ph.D. stream.

As recently announced, due to the actions taken over the past months, new applications under the FSWP will be processed in a few months, rather than a few years. In order to ensure fast processing times and to avoid backlogs, the new FSWP will accept a fixed number of applications each year.

In the medium term, the Government is also moving forward to develop and implement an Expression of Interest (EOI) model, which will provide employers with access to a pool of skilled workers.
What are you views on why they are waiting until May to open?
Old Dec 19th 2012, 6:07 pm
Forum Regular

firstchoice is an unknown quantity at this point

Rumour has it that maximum points for age will be allocated between ages 18 to 37 - a slight increaser at the top of the range.
Old Dec 19th 2012, 6:30 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by firstchoice
Rumour has it that maximum points for age will be allocated between ages 18 to 37 - a slight increaser at the top of the range.
12 points for up to age 35, 11 for 36 years and 10 for 37 years isn't it? What's the 'rumour' bit?

Last edited by christmasoompa; Dec 19th 2012 at 6:35 pm.
Old Dec 19th 2012, 7:11 pm
Forum Regular

12 points for ages 18-37.
Old Dec 19th 2012, 7:21 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by firstchoice
12 points for ages 18-37.
Where have you heard/read that? I didn't know that CIC had changed it.

And what's the 'a slight increaser at the top of the range' bit about?
Old Dec 19th 2012, 11:32 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Where have you heard/read that? I didn't know that CIC had changed it.

And what's the 'a slight increaser at the top of the range' bit about?
You can take a look at the criteria in the Canada Gazette: http://gazette.gc.ca/rp-pr/p1/2012/2.../reg2-eng.html
Old Dec 19th 2012, 11:36 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

You can take a look at the criteria in the Canada Gazette: http://gazette.gc.ca/rp-pr/p1/2012/2.../reg2-eng.html
I have, that's why I'm confused by the '12 points up to age 37' comment! So I wondered if they'd changed things again and I'd missed it.
Old Dec 19th 2012, 11:40 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hi

I have, that's why I'm confused by the '12 points up to age 37' comment! So I wondered if they'd changed things again and I'd missed it.
Here is the proposed points for age, note is not official until it appears in the Regulations.

Maximum 12 points
18 to 35 yrs 12
36 yrs 11
37 yrs 10

Less one point per year for each year after 37.
47 and over 0
Old Dec 20th 2012, 1:55 am
Forum Regular

You haven't missed anything. As mentioned, it is a rumour.
Old Dec 20th 2012, 6:38 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by PMM
Here is the proposed points for age, note is not official until it appears in the Regulations.

Maximum 12 points
18 to 35 yrs 12
36 yrs 11
37 yrs 10

Less one point per year for each year after 37.
47 and over 0
As said above, I know that, but firstchoice is suggesting differently from what CIC have said, so I was simply asking where he'd read it.
Old Dec 20th 2012, 1:53 pm
Pondering a career change

Mikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond repute

May 2013 that sucks, I need to get a job offer pronto then and no mention until the new year regards the credential assement
Old Dec 20th 2012, 2:22 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mikeypm
May 2013 that sucks, I need to get a job offer pronto then and no mention until the new year regards the credential assement
A little look at the ICAS website may cheer you up
Old Dec 20th 2012, 4:36 pm
Forum Regular

Airborne_Dan is an unknown quantity at this point

Well it suggested that the credential evaluation may not need to be done at the initial application stage as the press release states "before arriving in Canada", so that shouldn't hold us all up at least.
Old Dec 20th 2012, 4:57 pm
Pondering a career change

Mikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Airborne_Dan
Well it suggested that the credential evaluation may not need to be done at the initial application stage as the press release states "before arriving in Canada", so that shouldn't hold us all up at least.
I think best bet now is getting a TWP and getting over

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.