FSW 2013 - Opening.

Old Dec 22nd 2012, 1:44 am
Forum Regular

sriraksha is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: FSW 2013 - Opening.

Originally Posted by Silverdragon102
Why should they enquire at the school or authenticate themselves? Would you have the time to go through several thousand applications and make sure all relevant documents are submitted as well as making sure the documents have not been altered? Many countries require transcripts to come direct from school/university you studied in
Hi
Anything can be fabricated official doc from the school or the original degree, it all depends on how they do checks ......moreover, I don't find any difference between both of them as they are issued by the same school. if U see a post graduation certificate it has unique features inserted even the paper is completely different you can judge it by just looking at it.

and also we are paying them 200 for a single degree.......it matters........a lot.......when you do all the work.
Old Dec 22nd 2012, 12:41 pm
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sriraksha
Hi
Anything can be fabricated official doc from the school or the original degree, it all depends on how they do checks ......moreover, I don't find any difference between both of them as they are issued by the same school. if U see a post graduation certificate it has unique features inserted even the paper is completely different you can judge it by just looking at it.

and also we are paying them 200 for a single degree.......it matters........a lot.......when you do all the work.
Welcome to the world of visa applications it costs money, costs time and there are rules in place that have to be followed, as they say in Canada, we have to suck it up Immigration to Canada is not a right and as such they can impose whatever requirements they like and it is down to the applicant to meet them.
Old Dec 22nd 2012, 2:32 pm
Forum Regular

Thumbs down Re: FSW 2013 - Opening.

Originally Posted by nikki dreaming
Welcome to the world of visa applications it costs money, costs time and there are rules in place that have to be followed, as they say in Canada, we have to suck it up Immigration to Canada is not a right and as such they can impose whatever requirements they like and it is down to the applicant to meet them.
Hi

I completely agree with you and money isn't a constraint. but just think isn't it very silly to ask the school (who got rid of me long back) to send them my document by post(international) to ICAS. I don't think they will be very happy about it as they have already provided a certificate after the course.
Old Dec 31st 2012, 2:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

CurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really nice

Can I ask, just on the theme of the new regulations for 2013 -

Is there any indication that there will no longer be an 'in demand list' like there has been in previous years, for the fsw class? I mean, the list you didnt need a job offer for? Has it been stated that it will be a thing of the past?

Is it a case of we wont know for sure until May 4th ?
Old Dec 31st 2012, 2:25 pm
Forum Regular

cedarsguardian is an unknown quantity at this point

Making sure that schools provide sealed documents is not going to work for many.

What happens if the school has been closed down?

In some countries if you want to get your grades you need to apply to a Public Education office and in person, They would not normally post.

I know that because I once needed a school certificate from my own home country and it took me almost a whole day to get it, and I had to courier it in person between three different offices before it got validated. (apply to office one to get it printed, office two to pay for stamps and stick them on, then office three to validate and seal the stamps).

Also who would do the translation and pay for it, if it was in a different language?

I am sure they will have workarounds, and recomended process for different countries similar to how they have workarounds for police certificates ....
Old Jan 2nd 2013, 6:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Waggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud of

I just got back from the UK last night and haven't checked any CIC news whilst I've been there for 2 weeks, so I missed this news and only just found out today!

Of course, the obvious reason for choosing May 4th as the opening date is so we can say to the new applicants "May 4th be with you......."

Wayne.
Old Jan 2nd 2013, 6:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Waggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by CurtNIR
Can I ask, just on the theme of the new regulations for 2013 -

Is there any indication that there will no longer be an 'in demand list' like there has been in previous years, for the fsw class? I mean, the list you didnt need a job offer for? Has it been stated that it will be a thing of the past?

Is it a case of we wont know for sure until May 4th ?

As far as most tweets from Jason Kenney seem to indicated, there will not be an in-demand list. I think you need experience in ANY NOC 0, A or B occupation, but not in any specific NOC.

There will be a cap but doesn't look like the cap level has been announced yet. I think it's going to be a headless chicken rush getting the applications in before the cap, if there are no specific NOC experience needed.

Wayne.
Old Jan 2nd 2013, 6:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

CurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really nice

Originally Posted by Waggle
As far as most tweets from Jason Kenney seem to indicated, there will not be an in-demand list. I think you need experience in ANY NOC 0, A or B occupation, but not in any specific NOC.

There will be a cap but doesn't look like the cap level has been announced yet. I think it's going to be a headless chicken rush getting the applications in before the cap, if there are no specific NOC experience needed.

Wayne.
Thanks for the reply
Old Jan 2nd 2013, 8:14 pm
Just Joined

didnotbother is a splendid one to beholddidnotbother is a splendid one to beholddidnotbother is a splendid one to beholddidnotbother is a splendid one to beholddidnotbother is a splendid one to beholddidnotbother is a splendid one to beholddidnotbother is a splendid one to beholddidnotbother is a splendid one to beholddidnotbother is a splendid one to beholddidnotbother is a splendid one to beholddidnotbother is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by JonboyE
It seems to be a Canadian thing. When I joined the CGA they wanted my degree and vocational transcripts sent to them in sealed envelopes from the awarding institutions. No problem from Canadian colleges. $10 and it is done. Trying to pursuade a UK university was a whole different kettle of spanners.

I can imagine the scenarios:

a) We don't do that
b) We don't have the records anymore.
c) We sent them as requested.
d) ICAS: we haven't received them.

Little ol' immigrant stuck in the middle.
Yes I couldn't agree with you more, there will still be folks forking out money on the usual things and still getting knocked back, and the CIC stating the usual negative replies. And discouraging the applicants from re applying.

I left Canada back in the early 90s after living there for for about 6 years. There were only the US forces schools in Germany, and the USA that kept the records of my attendance. But all my old primary schools in England didn't have any records of me attending them back in the 50s and 60s.

They couldn't verify the dates and put this in writing. But it didn't affect my application though as the company who sponsored me did everything for me, I just signed the forms.

I'm just glad I'm not applying to live or work in Canada now as a fresh migrant under the regime of beaurocrazy that has been and is required these days. I don't envy anyone applying unless they're only signing forms on behalf of their sponsors like I did, and occasionally still have to when going back to work there temporarily.

It will be the same old deck of cards just re shuffled, and the lucky hand will still be favourable as it always has been. And the stake money will just get higher with the banker playing advantage.
Old Jan 28th 2013, 1:11 pm
Pondering a career change

Mikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond repute

I notice its nearly the end of January and no indication yet of the accreditation body for the FSW visa stream and yet May 4th is the re-opening of the stream. Is it me or is CIC/Kenney leaving it a bit late for people to apply to accreditation body, the body to write to institutions, getting response back for the institutions and accreditation body writing back to the applicant with the accredited qualifications. Then the applicant getting that bundled up with possibly new forms that CIC may put in place for the new system and getting that all off with docs in time for May 4th.

Just seems to me its going to be a big mess and alot of disappointed people
Old Jan 28th 2013, 1:59 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't expect the accreditation details to be released until much nearer the time personally - possibly not until 4th May!
Old Jan 28th 2013, 2:08 pm
Pondering a career change

Mikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
I wouldn't expect the accreditation details to be released until much nearer the time personally - possibly not until 4th May!
Wow that's cutting it fine, is that because of CIC's efficiency
Old Jan 28th 2013, 2:09 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Hi
Kenney tweeted it would be in Mid of Feb, the Credential Assessments body will be announced.......I hope it happens.....one thing more confusing is that, sending sealed/stamped certificates through the schools/universities......no institution would be interested to take care of sending them on our behalf....I'm paranoid about the future ....:unsur e:
Old Jan 28th 2013, 2:52 pm
Just Joined

petal39 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello everyone, i'm new to this website - really useful to read this thread as i've been trying to fatham the credential aspect of the upcoming changes to the FSW visa in 2013. We're planning to apply now IT is included and have established which NOC code is relevant etc. I would guess the qualification assessment has to be done prior to submitting your FSW application, otherwise time would be wasted assessing visa applications where the qualifications aren't subsequently positively assessed as acceptable for Canada equivalent.

So the key thing is the announcement of who will be assessing qualifications, and will there perhaps be different organisations assigned to assess different subjects ..... as is the case with the Oz visa system? Or will one organisation cover all qualifications - anyone any idea?

I also wonder if you have to get say your first degree and Masters assessed, or just your Masters as this is what you would be claiming higher points for? And to do a Masters you have to already have a degree anyway - anyone any ideas?

Many thanks, Petal
Old Jan 29th 2013, 12:47 pm
Forum Regular

Boogler is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi petal,

I think it would depend on whether your basing your neccessary 67 points on your education or on your amount of work experience.

For example if you need to get the 22 points through the fact that you have 2 post-secondary qualifications (rather than just the 21 points for having 1 post secondary qualification) then you would need to get your degree and your masters accredited.

If on the other hand you've got enough work experience to get you the 67 points, without needing to worry about the 21 or 22 points education situation, then I would say you could just get your degree accredited.

Hope this helps

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.