FSW 2013 - Opening.

Old Dec 20th 2012, 5:52 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: FSW 2013 - Opening.

Are ICAS assessments acceptable for immigration to Canada?

Citizenship and Immigration Canada has proposed changes to the requirements for individuals who are applying for immigration to Canada under the Federal Skilled Worker Category (FSWC). If the changes are approved, beginning in 2013, FSWC applicants will be required to present an academic credentials assessment report prepared by a designated agency as part of the application process.

For information about the proposed changes, please see Citizenship and Immigration Canada's website.

It is important to note that Citizenship and Immigration Canada has not yet designated the agencies from which they will accept assessments. This information is not expected be available until early 2013. If you plan to apply for immigration to Canada under the new FSWC, we would suggest that you wait until next year when the agencies are designated and new process is formally outlined. This will ensure that the report you receive will be valid for the purpose intended.

If ICAS is selected as a designated agency, we will have an entirely separate application process, fee structure and documentation requirements for FSWC applicants. All FSWC applicants will be required to request official documents to be sent directly to our office by the school(s) attended. We will not accept original documents or notarized documents.

Official documents are those which are sent by the school directly to ICAS in a sealed envelope. ICAS does not consider documents in a sealed envelope which are submitted to ICAS by the applicant or a third party to be official.

Individuals who have already received an ICAS Assessment Report will have the option to upgrade the report and services to the FSWC Assessment Report. Please note, however, that this option will only be available to those who have received an Assessment Report based on official documents.

If you would like to request an ICAS General Assessment Report now, you may complete the on-line application form and request official documents to be sent directly to our office by your institution(s). When the process is finalized by CIC, and if ICAS is a designated agency, information about the process to upgrade your report to a FSWC Report and the associated fees will be posted on our website.
Old Dec 20th 2012, 7:38 pm
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
[B]...
If ICAS is selected as a designated agency, we will have an entirely separate application process, fee structure and documentation requirements for FSWC applicants. All FSWC applicants will be required to request official documents to be sent directly to our office by the school(s) attended. We will not accept original documents or notarized documents.

Official documents are those which are sent by the school directly to ICAS in a sealed envelope. ICAS does not consider documents in a sealed envelope which are submitted to ICAS by the applicant or a third party to be official...
This should provoke a lot of fun.
Old Dec 21st 2012, 12:39 am
Forum Regular

sriraksha is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
What about the Occupations list ?

Education Assessments ? Do we need to send in our Original Degree Document ? and How much it'll cost for Assessing a Bachelors & Masters Degree?

from when we have to show Proof Of Funds(POF) ?

are there any updates on them. any reply will be much appreciated.
Old Dec 21st 2012, 12:51 am
Forum Regular

Citizenship and Immigration Canada has proposed changes to the requirements for individuals who are applying for immigration to Canada under the Federal Skilled Worker Category (FSWC). If the changes are approved, beginning in 2013, FSWC applicants will be required to present an academic credentials assessment report prepared by a designated agency as part of the application process.

For information about the proposed changes, please see Citizenship and Immigration Canada's website.

It is important to note that Citizenship and Immigration Canada has not yet designated the agencies from which they will accept assessments. This information is not expected be available until early 2013. If you plan to apply for immigration to Canada under the new FSWC, we would suggest that you wait until next year when the agencies are designated and new process is formally outlined. This will ensure that the report you receive will be valid for the purpose intended.

Official documents are those which are sent by the school directly to ICAS in a sealed envelope. ICAS does not consider documents in a sealed envelope which are submitted to ICAS by the applicant or a third party to be official.

Individuals who have already received an ICAS Assessment Report will have the option to upgrade the report and services to the FSWC Assessment Report. Please note, however, that this option will only be available to those who have received an Assessment Report based on official documents.

If you would like to request an ICAS General Assessment Report now, you may complete the on-line application form and request official documents to be sent directly to our office by your institution(s). When the process is finalized by CIC, and if ICAS is a designated agency, information about the process to upgrade your report to a FSWC Report and the associated fees will be posted on our website.
Hi

Do we have to request Official documents even from the School and High School we attended....I don't think they would be much interested providing those Doc's as I finished schooling ages ago......Is there any particular format for those documents we have to follow? Moreover, what if the school is shut down
Old Dec 21st 2012, 12:57 pm
Forum Regular

msocmac is an unknown quantity at this point

I can only say from a UK point of view so if you went to school in the UK the exam certificates are easy to get hold of. Both myself and my husband had lost ours in a move years ago so we just found out which examining body did O Levels and CSE's in the area we were schooled in and looked at their websites. There is a fee but they send the certificates through as proof of grades (we had CSE's, O Levels & BTEC's). AQA and OCR were the two we used but if you google UK exam boards all the ones that cover the country will come up
Old Dec 21st 2012, 1:29 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by msocmac
I can only say from a UK point of view so if you went to school in the UK the exam certificates are easy to get hold of. Both myself and my husband had lost ours in a move years ago so we just found out which examining body did O Levels and CSE's in the area we were schooled in and looked at their websites. There is a fee but they send the certificates through as proof of grades (we had CSE's, O Levels & BTEC's). AQA and OCR were the two we used but if you google UK exam boards all the ones that cover the country will come up

Hi
Sorry for not mentioning the country, actually until my graduation I studied in my home country and Post Grad from the UK. And I do have the certificates for all of them. The only problem is my school won't consider my request in sending the official doc's directly to ICAS with their requirements. isn't there an alternate for this ? ? and do we have to ask every school we studied to send them official doc's to ICAS ? ?
Old Dec 21st 2012, 2:06 pm
Forum Regular

Hi

could you please send me the web link for the above post.

thanks
Old Dec 21st 2012, 2:21 pm
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sriraksha
Hi

could you please send me the web link for the above post.

thanks
quick copy and paste into google found this

http://www.icascanada.ca/applicants/faq.aspx
Old Dec 21st 2012, 3:12 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by nikki dreaming
quick copy and paste into google found this

http://www.icascanada.ca/applicants/faq.aspx
Hi

I still don't understand what's the point of asking the school's to send some official doc's, where actually the ICAS can use the actual degree certificate issued by school/uni, which has an unique name and number to trace the authenticity of the document....
Old Dec 21st 2012, 3:16 pm
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

I still don't understand what's the point of asking the school's to send some official doc's, where actually the ICAS can use the actual degree certificate issued by school/uni, which has an unique name and number to trace the authenticity of the document....
I have no idea how CIC minds work!, however I am sure they have reasons and I would guess it is to try and protect against fraudulent documents being submitted.

Good luck
Old Dec 21st 2012, 5:38 pm
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nikki dreaming
I have no idea how CIC minds work!, however I am sure they have reasons and I would guess it is to try and protect against fraudulent documents being submitted.

Good luck
It seems to be a Canadian thing. When I joined the CGA they wanted my degree and vocational transcripts sent to them in sealed envelopes from the awarding institutions. No problem from Canadian colleges. $10 and it is done. Trying to pursuade a UK university was a whole different kettle of spanners.

I can imagine the scenarios:

a) We don't do that
b) We don't have the records anymore.
c) We sent them as requested.
d) ICAS: we haven't received them.

Little ol' immigrant stuck in the middle.
Old Dec 21st 2012, 6:35 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by JonboyE
It seems to be a Canadian thing. When I joined the CGA they wanted my degree and vocational transcripts sent to them in sealed envelopes from the awarding institutions. No problem from Canadian colleges. $10 and it is done. Trying to pursuade a UK university was a whole different kettle of spanners.

a) We don't do that

The sealed envelope requests with the university stamp on the seal, was because there were too many falsified transcripts from certain countries.
Old Dec 22nd 2012, 12:19 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

The sealed envelope requests with the university stamp on the seal, was because there were too many falsified transcripts from certain countries.
another reason is they are not bothered much to do checks or they are too lazy or they don't have enough time to enquire the school(s) themselves and authenticate the certificate.
Old Dec 22nd 2012, 12:26 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by JonboyE

a) We don't do that

Hi

Did you request documents even from your school and high school ? ?
actually what's an official document is it another copy of the certificate ?
Old Dec 22nd 2012, 1:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute

another reason is they are not bothered much to do checks or they are too lazy or they don't have enough time to enquire the school(s) themselves and authenticate the certificate.
Why should they enquire at the school or authenticate themselves? Would you have the time to go through several thousand applications and make sure all relevant documents are submitted as well as making sure the documents have not been altered? Many countries require transcripts to come direct from school/university you studied in

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.