Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

FSW 2013 - Complete Applications Counted

FSW 2013 - Complete Applications Counted

Old Jun 26th 2013, 8:58 am
Forum Regular

melko is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: FSW 2013 - Complete Applications Counted

Oh I see. Does anyone have the web link for that other forum? (David cohern?) it would be good to see that as well.
Old Jun 26th 2013, 9:03 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by melko
Oh I see. Does anyone have the web link for that other forum? (David cohern?) it would be good to see that as well.
Here you go, see post no. 3 in this thread - http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...0#post10739010

HTH.
Old Jun 26th 2013, 12:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

scribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by devkis
@
I responded to your question in the FSW 2012/2013 timeline thread.
Old Jun 26th 2013, 3:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Waggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by melko
Sorry who is Davd Cohern? a lawyer? and if so, how can he possibly know the total count when CIC do not publish these results except on the CIC web site? why would CIC give the results elsewhere?

I don't get it.

Take a look here, this spreadsheet (yes I do have permission to link it!) has been compiled from applicants from David Cohen's forum. He is an immigration lawyer and the forum is at www.canadavisa.com:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...5dlAtOEE#gid=1

There are over 300 applications on there. Admittedly CIC's figures represent only those which have passed the completeness test, but figuring that the David Cohen spreadsheet has only a small % of the worldwide total of people who have applied - I think the actual number of applications sitting at CIC are in the thousands by now.

Another possibility is that CIC only recently started opening applications and running completeness checks. Currently they are still working their way through 4th May!

Really stupid if that's the case - they are creating a lot of work for themselves because I believe some NOCs are surely full several times over by now, but if CIC have only just started opening people are still going to be sending in applications for these NOCs.

Will see what they dates say over the next few updates, but my best guess is that they are currently still working through apps received on 4th May and that they just started late.

Wayne.
Old Jun 26th 2013, 5:00 pm
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

It won't be long before the.....

'Due to the vast amount of applications received please don't expect to hear from us for 12 months. We thank you for your continued patience. Not that you have any choice in the matter, but we thought we'd thank you anyway'

...type letters start being issued by CIC.
Old Jun 27th 2013, 12:01 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by james.mc
It won't be long before the.....

'Due to the vast amount of applications received please don't expect to hear from us for 12 months. We thank you for your continued patience. Not that you have any choice in the matter, but we thought we'd thank you anyway'

...type letters start being issued by CIC.

Maybe, depending on the strike dragging on. But with only 5K applications, and the speculation that next year CIC will go to Expression of Interest. Anything over 300 in a NOC will be returned. Pretty easy to do, as when they reach the limit in a NOC, any other can be returned (As you write the NOC on the envelope) Plus it is a drop to 5K from the 38K processed in 2012 (There were FSW2 in that no., but not a great amount) makes quite a difference.

Last edited by PMM; Jun 27th 2013 at 12:11 am.
Old Jun 27th 2013, 12:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Waggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

Maybe, depending on the strike dragging on. But with only 5K applications, and the speculation that next year CIC will go to Expression of Interest. Anything over 500 in a NOC will be returned. Pretty easy to do, as when they reach the limit in a NOC, any other can be returned (As you write the NOC on the envelope) Plus it is a drop to 5K from the 38K processed in 2012 (There were FSW2 in that no., but not a great amount) makes quite a difference.
I should take a leaf out of CIC's book.

Basically I should legislate my entire backlog of issues (I am a software developer) away and then put a cap on any future issues I get allocated.

I'll accept a maximum of 10 issues in any one category this year, with a total cap of 70 issues. Any issues after that will have to be returned, the customers will just have to work with it.... ;p
Old Jun 27th 2013, 2:01 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Waggle
I should take a leaf out of CIC's book.

Basically I should legislate my entire backlog of issues (I am a software developer) away and then put a cap on any future issues I get allocated.

I'll accept a maximum of 10 issues in any one category this year, with a total cap of 70 issues. Any issues after that will have to be returned, the customers will just have to work with it.... ;p
If that is how you are resourced then that is the best plan. Visa offices and personnel are limited to the desired intake, not to the historically much larger number of applications received.