FSW 2 questions

Old Feb 15th 2010, 12:46 pm
pfw
Forum Regular

pfw is an unknown quantity at this point
Default FSW 2 questions

Hello all (first post...)

I'm in the process of filling in our PR application forms (FSW 2) to be sent for initial processing. A couple of questions that I haven't been able to nail down from the wiki and other threads:

1) As I understand it we can choose either Buffalo or London to be our visa processing office (is that right?). From reading threads on here it seems that London would be a preferred option as it's likely to be quicker. Are there any issues with choosing London instead of Buffalo if you are applying while resident in Canada?

2) For FSW 2 we do not need any proof of funds. When filling in the bit of the form where you specify the amount of available funds should we write '0' or 'N/A', or would it be safer to just put the minimum required amount?

Many thanks

--
Paul.
Old Feb 15th 2010, 1:50 pm
Forum Regular

canglish is on a distinguished road
Default Re: FSW 2 questions

Originally Posted by pfw

I'm in the process of filling in our PR application forms (FSW 2) to be sent for initial processing. A couple of questions that I haven't been able to nail down from the wiki and other threads:

1) As I understand it we can choose either Buffalo or London to be our visa processing office (is that right?). From reading threads on here it seems that London would be a preferred option as it's likely to be quicker. Are there any issues with choosing London instead of Buffalo if you are applying while resident in Canada?

2) For FSW 2 we do not need any proof of funds. When filling in the bit of the form where you specify the amount of available funds should we write '0' or 'N/A', or would it be safer to just put the minimum required amount?

Many thanks

--
Paul.
Hey Paul,

I just landed today as a PR through the FSW2 route.

When I was applying I was told they wouldn't accept applications from within Canada going to Buffalo...it had to go to London. So to answer your first question, no there isn't any issues with it going to London whilst being in Canada.

I also didn't have to show proof of funds because of my AEO...I just put N/A on any application that asked for it...I also sent a cover letter explaining I put N/A for proof of funds as I had arranged employment.

Hope that helps you mate,

Garry
Old Feb 16th 2010, 3:05 am
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pfw

Many thanks

--
Paul.
I would say have the proof of funds ready - we have been here 3 years and CHC requested proof of funds before they would issue PPR
Old Feb 16th 2010, 3:22 am
BE Forum Addict

spaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of light

Perfect, I'm just filling out my FSW2 forms and had exactly the same question.

London it is :-)
Old Feb 16th 2010, 12:20 pm
pfw
Forum Regular

pfw is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you all - that's very helpful.

And now back to filling in those lovely forms...

--
Paul.