FSW 1 Q9 - work experience

Old Jan 29th 2010, 1:06 am
Forum Regular

lizziem is on a distinguished road
Default FSW 1 Q9 - work experience

hi all

still doing the form i am stuck at work experience- past and present , getting the present is no problem- 23 years of nursing, it is a bit tricky for the past job which was 23 years ago. the factory is no longer there i think they went bankrupt many years ago, i have no contracts, no wage slips nothing, no evidence of . any advice what to do.

thanks liz
Old Jan 29th 2010, 1:36 am
Forum Regular

scotty1974 has a spectacular aura aboutscotty1974 has a spectacular aura aboutscotty1974 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: FSW 1 Q9 - work experience

i'm no expert but the fact you worked there 23 years ago, it shouldn't matter really, just send in a covering letter explaining the company went bankrupt.
Old Jan 29th 2010, 4:56 am
BE Forum Addict

joinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lizziem
hi all

still doing the form i am stuck at work experience- past and present , getting the present is no problem- 23 years of nursing, it is a bit tricky for the past job which was 23 years ago. the factory is no longer there i think they went bankrupt many years ago, i have no contracts, no wage slips nothing, no evidence of . any advice what to do.

thanks liz
Hi
As scotty says a covering letter explaining the situation should suffice

All the best
regards
Joinerboy
Old Jan 29th 2010, 5:18 am
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lizziem
the factory is no longer there i think they went bankrupt many years ago, i have no contracts, no wage slips nothing, no evidence of . any advice what to do.

thanks liz
Liz - Was in the same postion with firms merging and loosing contact with people.

Originally Posted by scotty1974
i'm no expert but the fact you worked there 23 years ago, it shouldn't matter really, just send in a covering letter explaining the company went bankrupt.
Scotty - You would think so but CIC asked us to fill every single gap from the moment we left school - even the gap my OH travelled with a "volunteer" theatre group !
Old Jan 29th 2010, 5:36 am
Forum Regular

rschatha is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by joinerboy
Hi
As scotty says a covering letter explaining the situation should suffice

All the best
regards
Joinerboy
Hi, Guys

Just wondering can you attach 'Seperate' sheets for FSW Cat 1 Application, for Work Exp, Background History & Addresses. I feel the information will be much legiable on a seperate sheet.

What do you guys think?

Old Jan 29th 2010, 5:41 am
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rschatha
Hi, Guys

Just wondering can you attach 'Seperate' sheets for FSW Cat 1 Application, for Work Exp, Background History & Addresses. I feel the information will be much legiable on a seperate sheet.

What do you guys think?

Yep as long as it spells everything out and all information is on supporting sheets
Old Jan 29th 2010, 5:50 am

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, Guys

What do you guys think?

You should only go onto separate sheets if you use all the space on the forms provided. CIC supply the forms because they want you to use them - they don't like extra paperwork if there is no need for it.
Old Jan 29th 2010, 6:08 am
Forum Regular

rschatha is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
You should only go onto separate sheets if you use all the space on the forms provided. CIC supply the forms because they want you to use them - they don't like extra paperwork if there is no need for it.
Sounds fair enough, thank you for your help
Old Jan 29th 2010, 6:15 am
BE Forum Addict

joinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, Guys

What do you guys think?

Hi Buddy
Yes anything that makes the 'visa officers' job easier will help the processing of your application.
All the best & hope you hear some positive news soon
regards
Joinerboy
Old Jan 29th 2010, 6:25 am
Forum Regular

scotty1974 has a spectacular aura aboutscotty1974 has a spectacular aura aboutscotty1974 has a spectacular aura about

Scotty - You would think so but CIC asked us to fill every single gap from the moment we left school - even the gap my OH travelled with a "volunteer" theatre group !
hey burton brunch, I wasn't suggesting it be left out of the application altogether but to send a covering letter explaining why no work reference could be provided.

it is a nightmare having to fill out everything and remember what you've done since you were 18, especially during my booze-soaked early 20's
Old Jan 29th 2010, 6:31 am

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

If the OP has been doing her current job for 23 years then it really isn't necessary to get a reference letter for her old job. Basically, you need to supply reference letters for any job that you have listed on Schedule 3.

Obviously if you have done the same type of work for all of your working life then you should make sure the last 10 years are covered but anymore than that is not necessary.