FSW 1 and proof of funds

Old Nov 23rd 2009, 8:40 am
Forum Regular

jammy123 has a reputation beyond reputejammy123 has a reputation beyond reputejammy123 has a reputation beyond reputejammy123 has a reputation beyond reputejammy123 has a reputation beyond reputejammy123 has a reputation beyond reputejammy123 has a reputation beyond reputejammy123 has a reputation beyond reputejammy123 has a reputation beyond reputejammy123 has a reputation beyond reputejammy123 has a reputation beyond repute
Default FSW 1 and proof of funds

Question: If you currently have a valid temp work-permit do you still have to show proof of funds when applying under the FSW 1? If not, do you just attach a copy of the work-permit in the application?
Old Nov 23rd 2009, 9:08 am
BE Enthusiast

lucycrow has a brilliant futurelucycrow has a brilliant futurelucycrow has a brilliant futurelucycrow has a brilliant futurelucycrow has a brilliant futurelucycrow has a brilliant futurelucycrow has a brilliant future
Default Re: FSW 1 and proof of funds

Hi Jammy

I applied for FSW Cat 1 when I was a BUNAC 1 year visa and had to show for proof of funds (they asked for it when I 'landed')

As far as I am aware, you don't need a proof of funds if you have an AEO but that would be going through FSW Cat 2.

Are you going through via the 38 list?

Lucy
Old Nov 23rd 2009, 9:19 am
Forum Regular

jammy123 has a reputation beyond reputejammy123 has a reputation beyond reputejammy123 has a reputation beyond reputejammy123 has a reputation beyond reputejammy123 has a reputation beyond reputejammy123 has a reputation beyond reputejammy123 has a reputation beyond reputejammy123 has a reputation beyond reputejammy123 has a reputation beyond reputejammy123 has a reputation beyond reputejammy123 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lucycrow
Hi Jammy

I applied for FSW Cat 1 when I was a BUNAC 1 year visa and had to show for proof of funds (they asked for it when I 'landed')

As far as I am aware, you don't need a proof of funds if you have an AEO but that would be going through FSW Cat 2.

Are you going through via the 38 list?

Lucy
Hi Lucy I am going through the NOC 38. What is the AEO? I have applied going through the FSW 1.
Old Nov 23rd 2009, 9:49 am
BE Enthusiast

lucycrow has a brilliant futurelucycrow has a brilliant futurelucycrow has a brilliant futurelucycrow has a brilliant futurelucycrow has a brilliant futurelucycrow has a brilliant futurelucycrow has a brilliant future

Hi jammy

AEO is Arranged Employment Offer and if you have that then you go as Category 2 FSW. I don't know a lot about this but there will be lots of info on BE so have a search.

If you go through NOC 38, you go as Cat 1 (like you).

I don't think there is much difference in timing so best just to stick with Cat 1.

So you will need proof of funds even if you are already in Canada as I did.

Have a look on the CIC website as will give you amounts.

Lucy
Old Nov 23rd 2009, 6:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

joinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond repute

The amount of money you need to support your family is determined by the size of your family. These amounts are updated every year.
Number of
Family Members Funds Required
(in Canadian dollars)
1 $10,833
2 $13,486
3 $16,580
4 $20,130
5 $22,831
6 $25,749
7 or more $28,668

You do not have to show that you have these funds if you have arranged employment in Canada.

regards
Joinerboy
Old Nov 23rd 2009, 9:13 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by joinerboy
The amount of money you need to support your family is determined by the size of your family. These amounts are updated every year.
Number of
Family Members Funds Required
(in Canadian dollars)
1 $10,833
2 $13,486
3 $16,580
4 $20,130
5 $22,831
6 $25,749
7 or more $28,668

You do not have to show that you have these funds if you have arranged employment in Canada.

regards
Joinerboy
That's exactly what I was thinking..Thanks J!
Old Nov 29th 2009, 12:47 am
Forum Regular

aybee_bose is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: FSW 1 and proof of funds

hello members,

I have applied for my PR as FSW. I want to ask that i know that i need to show around C$ 11,000. Now the question is that i have around 70 % of that in cash. Now can the rest of it be in form of 'GOLD'. I will get it evaluated and get it stamped by a reputed Chartered Accountant.

please reply...!!!

Regards