Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

FSTW, how many slots still open for my trade?

FSTW, how many slots still open for my trade?

Old Mar 14th 2013, 3:43 am
Forum Regular

Humgarden is an unknown quantity at this point
Default FSTW, how many slots still open for my trade?

Under the new FSTW program, some trades had caps, Is there anyway to find out how many positions are still open at present for any given trade? I'm outside of Canada , so I'm not sure phoning CIC will work, and even if I got through, I'm not sure CIC would be able to answer that question.
Old Mar 14th 2013, 5:28 am

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: FSTW, how many slots still open for my trade?

Originally Posted by Humgarden
Under the new FSTW program, some trades had caps, Is there anyway to find out how many positions are still open at present for any given trade? I'm outside of Canada , so I'm not sure phoning CIC will work, and even if I got through, I'm not sure CIC would be able to answer that question.
As at two weeks ago, the amount of applications received was so small, the officer in charge of the program at CIO could talk about them in terms of "The man from Germany, and that applicant from the UK". So I don't think you need to panic just yet!
Old Mar 18th 2013, 11:10 am
Gained PR July 2014

lindamchugh is an unknown quantity at this point

HI AmyDavid your post certainly delighted us as my husband has been in Canada to sit the red seal exam and passed on the second attempt and we were concerned the 3000 mark would be met majorly quick but seems not. Where did you get your information from out of interest? We are just awaiting our police checks to send away forms (had to redo as were 3 months old and expired as application not in system yet)
Old Mar 18th 2013, 11:42 am

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lindamchugh
HI AmyDavid your post certainly delighted us as my husband has been in Canada to sit the red seal exam and passed on the second attempt and we were concerned the 3000 mark would be met majorly quick but seems not. Where did you get your information from out of interest? We are just awaiting our police checks to send away forms (had to redo as were 3 months old and expired as application not in system yet)
I have insider contacts
Old Mar 18th 2013, 11:58 am
Gained PR July 2014

Hey can you ask your insider contact to have ours approved by June??? ........� ����
Old Mar 18th 2013, 11:58 am
Gained PR July 2014

my smiley face is now a row of boxes !
Old Mar 18th 2013, 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by lindamchugh
Hey can you ask your insider contact to have ours approved by June??? ........������
I'm afraid such things are only saved for clients