British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   FST to one province and PNP to another on one EE profile? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/fst-one-province-pnp-another-one-ee-profile-921599/)

Stumpylegs Jan 30th 2019 5:00 pm

FST to one province and PNP to another on one EE profile?

Hello, been doing plenty of reading, spoken to ITABC and the Saskatchewan apprenticeship and trade certification commission to ensure that I would be eligible to challenge their exams to get a certificate of qualification from them respectively.

Certificates are landing in the post any day now - I've got application forms for both places printed off and good to go, I've spoken to my mentor from my time as an apprentice who can verify my hours and he is willing to do so(without the HR department of my current company getting involved and limiting my career if this doesn't come off).

Now in an ideal world 10 years from now we'd like to live in BC, but also understand that i can get PNP through Saskatchewan without a job offer (in my trade its basically impossible to get a job offer from outside the country due to a large number of people being able to enter on a 2 year working visa) and it was also somewhere we were considering moving to first due to having weak connections within the province. And in all honesty apart from a couple of blocks of east side downtown of Vancouver that I ended up in on my last trip over there, I think the other 5000kms I travelled i would quite happily of lived in any of the areas we stopped at.

If I was to challenge my exam in Saskatchewan and get my IP Journeyman certificate attached to the C of Q, I believe I could then apply to live in BC via the FST and just have to wait for a draw which is FST/FSW only with a nice low CRS score, but if after x number of months this hadn't happened, I could then apply for PNP to Saskatchewan with my C of Q. (but sitting my trade exams in BC would likely mean Saskatchewan wouldn't accept the me via PNP as my exams were challenged elsewhere)

Is this correct, or would i need a C of Q from BC to get FST into their province?

If so could I have multiple C of Q's attached to one EE profile? as potentially could drive sit exams in multiple provinces on one trip?

If I have to make a decision so early on on where I want to reside I will do, but at the same time delaying that decision for the 8 months or so its going to take for me to get approved to challenge exams and fly over there, sit them (I'll be doing my IELTS over here at some point in that time and prepping any other bits I can do) and get my certs would be a bonus(as well as leaving options open as dependant on brexit, uk property prices and fluctuations in Canadian economy we could be coming over with vastly differing financial status to what we have now)

christmasoompa Jan 30th 2019 5:34 pm

Re: FST to one province and PNP to another on one EE profile?

Any provincial certification will qualify you for FST, you don't need to do multiple ones. Just one is fine, so get it done in SK would be my suggestion.

Good luck.