Fresh FSW application

Old May 24th 2010, 9:19 pm
Just Joined

Papafaith is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Fresh FSW application

I am stuck in the 2007 queue and thinking of applying afresh, i have two questions and would appreciate help in this regard;
1) Can i put in the new application with my old application still in the queue? Hoping to withdraw when i get doc request on the new one.
2) I have 12yrs experience in the oil and gas industry (Crude Oil, LNG, Refinery) as an Instrument Engineer. In the NOC there is Supervisors,Petroleum, Gas and Chemical Processing and Utilities.
I have never had the designate position of supervisors, does this mean only Supervisors in the Oil and Gas and Processing sector can apply?
Thanks.
Old May 24th 2010, 9:22 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fresh FSW application

Originally Posted by Papafaith
I am stuck in the 2007 queue and thinking of applying afresh, i have two questions and would appreciate help in this regard;
1) Can i put in the new application with my old application still in the queue? Hoping to withdraw when i get doc request on the new one.
2) I have 12yrs experience in the oil and gas industry (Crude Oil, LNG, Refinery) as an Instrument Engineer. In the NOC there is Supervisors,Petroleum, Gas and Chemical Processing and Utilities.
I have never had the designate position of supervisors, does this mean only Supervisors in the Oil and Gas and Processing sector can apply?
Thanks.
Doesn't sound as though you're eligible to apply under the new system anyway from what you've said - you would have to prove that you have done at least half of the 'main duties' listed under the 9212 NOC code. As this NOC code is specifically for Supervisors, most of the duties listed are management duties, so unless you've been a supervisor/manager you wouldn't qualify under that NOC code I'm afraid.

But check the NOC code and see if you think you do those duties, if so you could apply under the new system if you wanted to.

Old May 24th 2010, 9:40 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Doesn't sound as though you're eligible to apply under the new system anyway from what you've said - you would have to prove that you have done at least half of the 'main duties' listed under the 9212 NOC code. As this NOC code is specifically for Supervisors, most of the duties listed are management duties, so unless you've been a supervisor/manager you wouldn't qualify under that NOC code I'm afraid.

But check the NOC code and see if you think you do those duties, if so you could apply under the new system if you wanted to.

Thanks christ, in one of my roles as a Senior Engineer Metering and Instrumentation, i was responsible to the Divisional Head for the running of the department that had about 10 staff, i have that information in my appointment letter issued then in 2000. Will this suffice?

And assuming they think it wont qualify, will they refund my fees and will this affect my application in the old queue?

Last edited by Papafaith; May 24th 2010 at 9:42 pm.
Old May 24th 2010, 10:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

crazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nice

No, it won't be enough. Look here:

http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/...spx?val65=9212

In order to claim eligibility under the above occupation you must be able to prove that you have in past 10 years at least 12 months of full time (or full time equivalent) experience performing more than half of main duties listed in the above NOC 9212 description.

Also appointment letter proves nothing - it only stats what work you were assigned to, but it obviously cannot state what work and duties you actually performed.
Old May 25th 2010, 7:55 am

Bali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by crazy72
Also appointment letter proves nothing - it only stats what work you were assigned to, but it obviously cannot state what work and duties you actually performed.
For the OP, this above is correct in that the requirements are to get references from the employers where you had the relevent experience - i.e they sign off the duties undertaken, as well as contracts etc.
The place where you did this may be able to provide the reference for you to give that evidence.

I only applied in the last yr so I don't know how different this is from your original app.

Good luck.
Old May 25th 2010, 8:35 am
Just Joined

Thaks Bali, i can get a current reference letter stating the duties from my previuos employer.
Old Jun 17th 2010, 8:52 pm
Just Joined

Hi Folks, 2133 is not in the list containing the 38 job spec, but is in the ministrerial list. Can i use this for a fresh application. Intsrumentation Engineer comes under 2133 as one of the several titles. Tanx.
Old Jun 18th 2010, 12:31 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Folks, 2133 is not in the list containing the 38 job spec, but is in the ministrerial list. Can i use this for a fresh application. Intsrumentation Engineer comes under 2133 as one of the several titles. Tanx.
No, it would appear you are not eligible under the new system then (only the 38 occupations are eligible without a job offer), so you'll just have to stick with your old application.

it moves quickly for you.
Old Jun 18th 2010, 2:47 am
Just Joined

Tanx, quite frustrating though.
Old Jul 3rd 2010, 10:56 pm
Just Joined

Hi folks, just discovered that my wife's profession is included in the new occupation list (Pharmacy), I have substantial savings in shares in my name, can she use this as part of her proof of funds? We own two houses in in our joint names, so can she use the shares in my name and our two houses as her proof of funds in a fresh application?
We cant wait anymore for the 2007 queue its depressing us.
Tanx folks.
Old Jul 4th 2010, 4:44 am
BE Forum Addict

LinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi folks, just discovered that my wife's profession is included in the new occupation list (Pharmacy), I have substantial savings in shares in my name, can she use this as part of her proof of funds? We own two houses in in our joint names, so can she use the shares in my name and our two houses as her proof of funds in a fresh application?
We cant wait anymore for the 2007 queue its depressing us.
Tanx folks.
PapaFaith
Just remember that the new list of 29 occupations is capped at 20,000 apps and should not exceed 1000 per occupation so be quick....but you need the language test this time-which is one of the biggest hurdles people will have in getting an application off quick.
I'm just not sure whether its worth the chance in reapplying under the new 'regime' given there is so much of a backlog caused by the '38 occs' list. May not be any quicker....but it is tempting I'm sure
All the very best what ever you decide
lins

Last edited by LinsyPinsy; Jul 4th 2010 at 4:45 am. Reason: its my birthday adnd ive had a few wines...hic