French Requirement for Quebec

Old Jan 13th 2011, 11:01 am
Just Joined

ryan-chris is an unknown quantity at this point
Default French Requirement for Quebec

Hello,

I have just applied for Certificat de Selection for Quebec.

I have submitted all my certified documents in November 2010.

The only thing that is keeping me worried is the French requirement. I spoke proper french but I heard that we need same to be on paper as proof.

I have only studied french at O level as at A level with good grades. I want to know if I will need to provide other French Language proof than the A level I have submitted

Thanks for the advice

Cheers

Ryan
Old Jan 13th 2011, 11:05 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: French Requirement for Quebec

The interview is in French isn't it? So you'll need to be fairly good to cope with that.

Welcome to the forum btw.

Old Jan 13th 2011, 11:24 am
Just Joined

Hi,

Thanks for the welcome!

I wanted to make the application in such a way that they consider it without me having to go through the interview.

I have heard of cases where applicants got their CSQ directly without interview, just because they provided for proper proof of French. What they provided, I just don't know!

Cheers
Old Jan 13th 2011, 11:33 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ryan-chris
Hi,

Thanks for the welcome!

I wanted to make the application in such a way that they consider it without me having to go through the interview.

I have heard of cases where applicants got their CSQ directly without interview, just because they provided for proper proof of French. What they provided, I just don't know!

Cheers
Ah, I see. I've not heard of anybody ever managing to not have an interview, but we don't get many CSQ cases on here. Have a hunt and hopefully you'll find some relevant info on a previous thread.

Old Jan 14th 2011, 10:49 am
Just Joined

dmcc is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Ryan-Chris,

Regarding Quebec immigration, your interview could be waived but only if you are able to score 55 points (minimum for single applicant)/ 63 points (married/ partnered) without considering adaptability for which they grant 6 points. I would suggest you to have a look at the Guides des Procedures d'immigration. It is a very extensive document but you will have a clearer idea on how they award points and of your score. You can download it at http://www2.publicationsduquebec.gouv.qc.ca/home.php#. You then click on Chapitre 1- Travailleurs Qualifies Permanents.

So, you may be able to get that number of points if your occupation is on demand and/ or by taking a French examination and sending the results to the BIQ. The official French exams recognised by Immigration-Quebec are: TEFaQ, TCFQ, TEF, TCF, DELF, and DALF. You could get further details on these tests at www.ccip.fr and www.ciep.fr. By the way, your local Institut Francaise and/ or the Alliance Francaise can be very helpful for all this.

Alternatively, you may get an exemption if you have previously studied/ worked in French. An official letter confirming this is required instead. They do insist on taking an exam in order to demonstrate your language proficiency.

Hope you could clarify your doubts. Bonne Chance!!
Old Jan 15th 2011, 7:01 pm
Just Joined

Merci Bien pour les conseils!

I have taken the assessment in the link you provided me and I got a score of 74, including points of my spouse. I guessed I may be exempted. I have worked in France for 5 years before.

I just hope I get the CSQ directly. I have sent a full fledged application with over 50 pages to the Immigration Office.

I have provided (Both mine and for my wife) certified copies of:

Educational certificates
Passport copies
testimonial for the last five years
p60
transcripts of university studies
NI copies
Driving Licenses
payslips for the last 6 months
bank statements

Well, i don't know if I missed anything!

R
Old Jan 17th 2011, 3:33 pm
Just Joined

dmcc is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Ryan-Chris,

Apart from that documentation, you must include other statutory documents as well. They require the following (among others):
◦la copie de votre certificat de mariage, si vous êtes marié ou, si vous êtes conjoint de fait, la preuve écrite officielle attestant votre vie commune depuis au moins un an (p. ex. : Pacte civil de solidarité (PACS), copie de bail, comptes bancaires, facture d'électricité ou de téléphone, certificat de concubinage établi par votre municipalité, etc.);
◦la copie de votre certificat de naissance et de celui de chacune des personnes qui vous accompagnent

Maybe you just omitted them from your list but verify that point. By the way, make sure you filled in all the necessary application forms (DCS, Contract of Financial Autonomy, etc.) as there are quite a few depending on your specific circumstances. In any case, if there is any missing document (s), you could supply it/ them at a later stage once you get your Dossier number. I would recommend you to check the application checklist available on the BIQ-Paris website http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.q...documents.html
I am assuming you have applied to BIQ-Paris.

Last but not least, the fact that French was your working language may have a positive impact on the application process and the interview may be waived. Please, do not forget to include evidence of this. Another thing, if you have visited Quebec, send in evidence as well as points are granted for this.

To be honest, as your score is high, I doubt you will have any problems. Keep us updated and let us know whether further clarification is needed.
Old Jan 18th 2011, 10:18 pm
Just Joined

Hi there

I have included all the documents mentioned! The only missing thing is the French Test.

I am not sure if the A-level can be used as a substitute for the french test.
Old Jan 20th 2011, 9:26 pm
Just Joined

Looks like the CIC paris has started to get back on track. All my friends who applied CSQ are getting their AOR now. So Hopefully should received mine soon.
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 4:14 pm
Just Joined

Hey,

Some days I feel like withdrawing the application. It's a real game of patience this process!

Am just running out of time!
Old Feb 2nd 2011, 9:29 pm
Just Joined

hey,

We got the file number today. It's been like 3 months from the date we submitted the application.

So the average time for AOR from cic Paris is now three months!

Will keep you guys posted of further progress.

cheers

r
Old Feb 2nd 2011, 10:32 pm
Forum Regular

andy85 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ryan-chris
Merci Bien pour les conseils!

I have taken the assessment in the link you provided me and I got a score of 74, including points of my spouse. I guessed I may be exempted. I have worked in France for 5 years before.

I just hope I get the CSQ directly. I have sent a full fledged application with over 50 pages to the Immigration Office.

I have provided (Both mine and for my wife) certified copies of:

Educational certificates
Passport copies
testimonial for the last five years
p60
transcripts of university studies
NI copies
Driving Licenses
payslips for the last 6 months
bank statements

Well, i don't know if I missed anything!

R
To be honest from what I understand the BIQ interview most people - interview waivers are very rare especially when you think the majority of applicants are Francophone from birth and still require an interview.....testing your French is only a small but significant part of the interview process....

I speak pretty French fluent having lived and worked in France and from a 4 year BA languages degree and I came out of the interview feeling that I could not have done it had I not been at that level .....after all, if you're going to live in Quebec you will miss out on a lot if you cant speak French enough to interact fully at work etc....

I think you will be lucky to get an interview waiver but seriously don't worry abuot the interview because if you prepare reasonably well you will get through - all they want to see is that you're serious about settling there and have a genuine interest in Quebec society/culture and they do test your knowledge on that - the first question they asked was "tell me about Quebec politics" and I gave the most rubbish answer because I knew pretty much nothing so really don't worry - they're very nice to you
Old Feb 17th 2011, 1:15 pm
Just Joined

J_Pablo is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys

I'm one of the lucky few who was granted a CSQ without an interview. I studied French to degree level and have worked in France and Quebec before (6/3 months respectively), and submitted references for both. I also wrote the application form in French and did a nice cover letter in French, why not. It did the trick!

My CSQ came through around six months after I submitted everything to Paris. It's now been two months since I sent my PR application to London and I haven't had the AOR yet. The suspense is killing me!

JP
Old Feb 17th 2011, 5:59 pm
Forum Regular

andy85 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by J_Pablo
Hi guys

I'm one of the lucky few who was granted a CSQ without an interview. I studied French to degree level and have worked in France and Quebec before (6/3 months respectively), and submitted references for both. I also wrote the application form in French and did a nice cover letter in French, why not. It did the trick!

My CSQ came through around six months after I submitted everything to Paris. It's now been two months since I sent my PR application to London and I haven't had the AOR yet. The suspense is killing me!

JP
I totally understand how you feel! It's been only 6 weeks tomorrow for me and I haven't had any correspondance yet. Though (so I've read) that's perfectly normal. I think you should hear soon - usually London seem to give an AOR with the medical request and the average time to get med requests from london for QSW is around 3-4 months after submission (of course it could be shorter or much longer).

Have a look at the following - these give really good indications of average timelines over the last few months +, it'll help you predict a bit more.

http://www.immigrer.com/p/delais/index

http://www.trackitt.com/canada-immig...killed-workers

good luck with your application!
Old Feb 17th 2011, 7:17 pm
Just Joined

J_Pablo is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow, thanks for those links Andy! I guess we will have to wait a little longer... the processing times seem to be slower than in 2009/10.

Fingers crossed for you too!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.