Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

French Language Proficiency tests results ? Brown envelope received today .

French Language Proficiency tests results ? Brown envelope received today .

Old Jun 29th 2007, 11:22 pm
Forum Regular

wizaird is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy French Language Proficiency tests results ? Brown envelope received today .

Hi folks , i have received a brown envelope today , hooray i thought , as we were expecting medical requests .However no ,it reads.

Your application for perminent residence has been reviewed and the documents marked below are required.You have 60 days from the date of this lette to submit the requested documents. If you have not provided adeqaute information at the time of the officers assessment your application may be refused.you will be notified in writing of th officers decision .

Now the thing is i applied under skilled worker , AOR april 2005 , 120 day delay letter dec 2006 , updates sent march 2007 and brown envelope today with the above in it .Why are they asking for something i havent said i have .I didnt check any french language box on my application .Whats going on ?Is this a delay tactic ?

Shall i email them to tell them that there must be a mistake ?

In the paragraph at the bottom of the letter it say in one bit ."In your case , the points for this factor are essential for you to meet the current passmark " but this is looking like a standard letter of some sort with the usual tick boxes .

Now i am confused as i more than met the pass mark at the time of application.

anyone help[ ?

thanks Dave
Old Jun 29th 2007, 11:37 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: French Language Proficiency tests results ? Brown envelope received today .

Are you absolutely sure that you put check marks in all boxes in "None" column for French proficiency?

Are you sure that French language test result is one of checked items in the letter you received?

If answer is "Yes" to both of the above then it likely is a mistake. Why are you so sure that you have enough points? Did visa post tell you that you reached the pass mark? Maybe you think you had or deserved enough but didn't prove enough?
Old Jun 30th 2007, 12:17 am
Forum Regular

Default Re: French Language Proficiency tests results ? Brown envelope received today .

Hi Andrew ,

I have just looked at the updated forms that i sent in and it seems that i may i left the the part where it asks for language skills in french ticked in the High proficiency box instead of ticking none .

What shall do , should i email them and let them no it was a mistake on my part?

I dont want them to assume that a test result is heading there way when i dont have one .

Would they have enough info now for them to make the decision ?

I cant beleive what i have done

points score was at 72 without French language , i also have an employer lined up who is ready to take me on once i have a visa granted , he is currently trying to gain an LMO .

thanks Dave
Old Jun 30th 2007, 12:27 am
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wizaird
Hi Andrew ,

I have just looked at the updated forms that i sent in and it seems that i may i left the the part where it asks for language skills in french ticked in the High proficiency box instead of ticking none .

What shall do , should i email them and let them no it was a mistake on my part?

I dont want them to assume that a test result is heading there way when i dont have one .

Would they have enough info now for them to make the decision ?

I cant beleive what i have done

points score was at 72 without French language , i also have an employer lined up who is ready to take me on once i have a visa granted , he is currently trying to gain an LMO .

thanks Dave
Dave

I would let the know that there was a mistake.

Have you given them details of the LMO application ? Would think that you would need some sort of reference number for them to check it out with HRDSC but it could help speed stuff up for you.

Gay
x
Old Jun 30th 2007, 12:31 am
Forum Regular

Hi , thanks for that , could someone email the email address for Canadian immigration uk .

[email protected]

im hoping this doesnt delay the application too much ?

cheers Dave
Old Jun 30th 2007, 12:45 am
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

Hi , thanks for that , could someone email the email address for Canadian immigration uk .

[email protected]

im hoping this doesnt delay the application too much ?

cheers Dave
Have done a quick search and I remember that Tangram emailed them at one point he had a horredous wait for a WP - but they never even replied to him

Have managed to find this link tho with a contact email on their website but dont know if you would get a response.

Hope it helps

gaynor
x
Old Jun 30th 2007, 12:51 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

You obviously messed up big time...

Here is the London's email contact page:

http://www.canada.org.uk/visa-info/general/email_e.htm

I don't want to cause you any panic but almost all of 50% applicants who are refused every year strongly believed that they had enough points - unfortunately they either overstated their claims or didn't conclusively document them to get points they hoped they would get.

Most common areas of less that hoped points awarded (and reasons) are:

- education - school not accredited, claiming industry certifications that are not educational credentials at all, number of years miscalculated (should be number of years necessary to complete particular program if taken on full time basis, regardless how many years it took to complete it), lack of transcripts, etc.

- work experience - impossible to verify experience, duties don't match description of claimed occupation, miscalculated years of experience (only full time or full time equivalent up to one full time experience at a time, regardless working 2 jobs, overtime, etc.)

- language - inconclusive enough evidence to award number of points claimed. It is very common among native English/French speakers who didn't provide their substitute (in lieu of test results) evidence and among non-native English/French speakers who for some strange reasons decided not to take tests and submitted only substitute evidence

- relative in Canada - inconclusive evidence proving eligible relationship and/or fact that relative lives in Canada

So, take a deep look into above areas in your package and see if you may have messed up even more.

Last edited by Andrew Miller; Jun 30th 2007 at 12:55 am.
Old Jun 30th 2007, 1:39 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for that , i can confirm that all of my other supporting documents / credntials were notorised and that my employer references and work experience is back tracked to school with documented evidence so im assuming that everthing else is ok.

thanks for the email.

cheers Dave
Old Jul 1st 2007, 2:53 pm
Forum Regular

anona? is a jewel in the roughanona? is a jewel in the roughanona? is a jewel in the roughanona? is a jewel in the rough

Thanks for that , i can confirm that all of my other supporting documents / credntials were notorised and that my employer references and work experience is back tracked to school with documented evidence so im assuming that everthing else is ok.

thanks for the email.

cheers Dave
Before I applied, I took basic French courses hoping that I could get at least 2 points. However, they required me to submit TEF results but there is no time left for me (got 90 days) bcuz exams dates are fully booked. So, I've sent a letter (courier) explaining the situation (no date available w/in the time frame) and told them that I'm no longer claiming points on French Language Factor. Lucky me, I've got points in other factors that made my application successful.

So, I would suggest you send CHC a LETTER saying "you are not claiming any French Language Points" because you don't have TEF or any proof acceptable to them within the prescribed period. Send the letter via registered or certified mail so you know that they received it and not just an email. It think, it's worth spending some money (for mailing) rather than an email which you don't know whether they read it or not.

Also, take Andrew's advice, are you sure there is nothing more that is detrimental to your application? Double check your paperworks before you submit it again so that you wouldn't run into the same trouble (incomplete or missing information).

Goodluck...!!