Freaking out.

Old Sep 10th 2012, 3:10 am
  #1  
Stress Junkie
Thread Starter
 
martyjay's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: Weyburn, Saskatchewan, Canada.
Posts: 98
martyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud of
Default Freaking out.

Hi dunno what I want from this post (probably just a little positivity) but my application is driving me nuts. I have now had 2 requests for additional information one asking for medicals for non accompanying dependants, which i cannot get thanks to the mothers being major b...hes so i sent a statutory declaration witnessed by a notary public, then i get another request asking for evidence that i tried to get permission for the medicals. wtf?? like the mother will write me a letter saying that she wont give permission, she wont even talk to me. so I sent them a letter saying this and added a letter from a family member saying that i have done everything possible short of torture. I am starting to get a little despondent as my family are already in Canada (having had to go over to get my step-daughter into a french immersion school in Chilliwack). I really want to go over and help look after our 4 month old son while i wait for it to be completed but knowing my luck they will want to interview me and i will have to fly back for that then.. advice please..
martyjay is offline  
Old Sep 10th 2012, 5:29 am
  #2  
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Ontario
Posts: 6,609
AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Freaking out.

Originally Posted by martyjay
Hi dunno what I want from this post (probably just a little positivity) but my application is driving me nuts. I have now had 2 requests for additional information one asking for medicals for non accompanying dependants, which i cannot get thanks to the mothers being major b...hes so i sent a statutory declaration witnessed by a notary public, then i get another request asking for evidence that i tried to get permission for the medicals. wtf?? like the mother will write me a letter saying that she wont give permission, she wont even talk to me. so I sent them a letter saying this and added a letter from a family member saying that i have done everything possible short of torture. I am starting to get a little despondent as my family are already in Canada (having had to go over to get my step-daughter into a french immersion school in Chilliwack). I really want to go over and help look after our 4 month old son while i wait for it to be completed but knowing my luck they will want to interview me and i will have to fly back for that then.. advice please..
You can sign a Stat. Dec confirming you do not wish to have your children included on your application and thereby not have them undertake the medicals - please do note though, by doing this you will lose the right to sponsor them at a later date.
AmyDavid is offline  
Old Sep 10th 2012, 8:14 am
  #3  
Stress Junkie
Thread Starter
 
martyjay's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: Weyburn, Saskatchewan, Canada.
Posts: 98
martyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud of
Default Re: Freaking out.

Hi Amy,I did that already and they acknowledged receipt of it so I am baffled as to why they keep asking. This not knowing is keeping me from my family as I am worried they will decide to interview me the second I go over. Stressed lol
martyjay is offline  
Old Sep 11th 2012, 12:17 am
  #4  
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Ontario
Posts: 6,609
AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Freaking out.

Originally Posted by martyjay
Hi Amy,I did that already and they acknowledged receipt of it so I am baffled as to why they keep asking. This not knowing is keeping me from my family as I am worried they will decide to interview me the second I go over. Stressed lol
Maybe prepare an affidavit explaining why you cannot get a statement from the Mother and have that witnessed by a notary as well and submit that to them.
AmyDavid is offline  
Old Sep 11th 2012, 2:35 am
  #5  
BE Enthusiast
 
AdrianR's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Sittin' pretty on The Prairie in Alberda
Posts: 635
AdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Freaking out.

Hi Marty
It's not much, as advice goes, but take a few deep breaths and understand that the Canadians are not trying to make it difficult for you on purpose - even if it really does seem that way - they're just ticking their boxes, dotting their 'I's and crossing their 'T's...they have to stay in gainful employment, after all, eh?

Hang in there!
AdrianR is offline  
Old Sep 11th 2012, 2:43 am
  #6  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Joined: Nov 2011
Location: Somewhere between Vancouver & St Johns
Posts: 19,875
Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Freaking out.

Originally Posted by AdrianR
Hi Marty
It's not much, as advice goes, but take a few deep breaths and understand that the Canadians are not trying to make it difficult for you on purpose - even if it really does seem that way - they're just ticking their boxes, dotting their 'I's and crossing their 'T's...they have to stay in gainful employment, after all, eh?

Hang in there!
True but from another perspective they are just ensuring that the non accompanying family members will not be sponsored at a later date.
CIC have had cases where initially it has been stated that non accompanying members wont be sponsored but several years later an application to sponsor them is submitted.
Former Lancastrian is offline  
Old Sep 11th 2012, 5:59 am
  #7  
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
PMM's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 9,708
PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Freaking out.

Hi


Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
True but from another perspective they are just ensuring that the non accompanying family members will not be sponsored at a later date.
CIC have had cases where initially it has been stated that non accompanying members wont be sponsored but several years later an application to sponsor them is submitted.
To add to the above. The major reason was that medically inadmissible children and spouses were declared as not accompany nor list, spouses listed as separated, so they weren't medically examined. Then once the spouse/parent was in Canada, they sponsored the children or spouse who were medically inadmissible and now since the sponsor was a PR, they couldn't be refused, on medically inadmissibility. Also when the original sponsor couldn't meet the LICO for the number of persons, if they sponsored the whole family.
PMM is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.