Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Found a Canadian company hiring uk truck drivers

Found a Canadian company hiring uk truck drivers

Old Sep 11th 2012, 10:12 am
Banned

truckingjobscanada is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Found a Canadian company hiring uk truck drivers

Hi, I applied to a British Columbia company. They are hiring long haul truck drivers crossing to USA.. The problem is I do not have much flat deck experience. They haul machinery and steel back and forth to Texas. I am confused about the immigration process. I was emailed i can be on the road for almost 22 days and then have a week off,or I can be back and forth with a day or two home.

Any ideas about immigration process?

Last edited by christmasoompa; Sep 11th 2012 at 10:13 am. Reason: Web link removed
Old Sep 11th 2012, 10:17 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Found a Canadian company hiring uk truck drivers

Welcome to BE.

You'll be going over on a Temp Work Permit - once the company has got the LMO, you then apply for the TWP.

One thing to bear in mind is that in BC you can't apply for PR until you've worked as a long haul truck driver for at least 9 consecutive months full-time (other provinces you could apply sooner or straight away) under the PNP.

Do head to the trucking forum where you'll find loads of useful info from the guys there who are currently doing the job in Canada.

Good luck.
Old Sep 11th 2012, 10:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by truckingjobscanada
Hi, I applied to a British Columbia company. They are hiring long haul truck drivers crossing to USA.. The problem is I do not have much flat deck experience. They haul machinery and steel back and forth to Texas. I am confused about the immigration process. I was emailed i can be on the road for almost 22 days and then have a week off,or I can be back and forth with a day or two home.

Any ideas about immigration process?
Are the company willing to apply for a Labour Market opinion for you?
Are they willing to sponsor you for the BC PNP programme?
http://www.welcomebc.ca/wbc/immigrat...out/index.page
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/em...lmo-basics.asp
Old Sep 11th 2012, 10:28 am
Banned

truckingjobscanada is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Found a Canadian company hiring uk truck drivers

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Are the company willing to apply for a Labour Market opinion for you?
Are they willing to sponsor you for the BC PNP programme?
http://www.welcomebc.ca/wbc/immigrat...out/index.page
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/em...lmo-basics.asp
yes, they said they will and explained it may take few months. explained about ICBC rules, which is British Columbia insurance etc and requirements.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Sep 11th 2012 at 11:16 am. Reason: Company names taken out, thx.
Old Sep 11th 2012, 11:26 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Thread closed as OP has been banned for spamming.