Forms once again?

Old Apr 14th 2009, 12:23 am
Edo
BE Forum Addict

Edo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Forms once again?

I have received a 120 days letter which outlines further guidance on how to submit the Full Application. In the notes they have asked me to include all the forms (IMM 0008, IMM 0008 Schedule 1, IMM 5406, and IMM 0008 Schedule 3) in the pack when I send my detailed documentation. Does it mean I have to fill all the forms once again?

Aren’t they asking for the same forms which everyone has to send to Sydney in order to get initial approval i.e. AOR no. ??
Old Apr 14th 2009, 12:28 am
BE Enthusiast

lucycrow has a brilliant futurelucycrow has a brilliant futurelucycrow has a brilliant futurelucycrow has a brilliant futurelucycrow has a brilliant futurelucycrow has a brilliant futurelucycrow has a brilliant future
Default Re: Forms once again?

Hi Edo

Congratulations on getting 120 day letter!

We have sent all the forms again with the rest of the documents. (Not sure what they do with the ones you send to Sydney) If there were any changes to the forms, we have mentioned this in the covering letter.

Watch out as some of the forms have changed slightly (ones before Feb 09).

Hope this helps and good luck with getting everything together.

Lucy
Old Apr 14th 2009, 12:34 am
BE Enthusiast

lucycrow has a brilliant futurelucycrow has a brilliant futurelucycrow has a brilliant futurelucycrow has a brilliant futurelucycrow has a brilliant futurelucycrow has a brilliant futurelucycrow has a brilliant future

Hi Edo

Forgot to say that we had done them all on the computer so could just change if necessary (we needed to put our French test results in) and then print them out.

Imagine if you did them by hand, you will need to do them all again

Lucy
Old Apr 14th 2009, 12:39 am
Forum Regular

MarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to all

Originally Posted by lucycrow
Hi Edo

Forgot to say that we had done them all on the computer so could just change if necessary (we needed to put our French test results in) and then print them out.

Imagine if you did them by hand, you will need to do them all again

Lucy
How did you save them? We did them on the computer, but couldn't save the docs with our details. We did print extra copies, but will probably have to type them out again for changes to contact details etc.
Old Apr 14th 2009, 1:07 am
BE Forum Addict

spaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of light

I use FoxIt PDF reader, it allows you to save a copy of the filled in form.

It's also a much nicer PDF viewer as it's a lower footprint than the awful Adobe one IMHO.

http://www.foxitsoftware.com/pdf/reader/

If you save the form on your computer, PLEASE encrypt it afterward so it cant be used by anybody else in identity theft.

http://www.gpg4win.org/
Old Apr 14th 2009, 1:10 am
Edo
BE Forum Addict

Edo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you Lucy. Well, I have scanned copies of the forms saved on my computer, wonder if its OK just to print them out and include them in the documentation. I know the print wont be too clear (unless they want to test my patience with filling in forms in which case I dont have a choice but to start again).

With regards to changes in my personal situation, well, there has been none since I applied only a month ago so everything is pretty much and is likely to remain the same for a while.

Good point Spaceace, I wish I knew this when I was filling in my forms.
Old Apr 14th 2009, 1:12 am
BE Forum Addict

spaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of light

the paperwork side of the process is a pain. I was surprised to be asked for the same forms again.
Old Apr 14th 2009, 3:07 am
Edo
BE Forum Addict

Yeah and from all this another question that comes to mind is that do we have to sign the forms and date them exactly as they were initially submitted or do they have to be in fresh/current dates.
Old Apr 14th 2009, 1:40 pm
Just Joined

Shredder is an unknown quantity at this point

For your personal records, you should retain copies of all forms. Each copy must have an original signature. You will be requested to submit a signed copy of these forms if the application is recommended for further assessment to a Canadian Visa Office. Should there be any changes made to the information on the forms, a letter of explanation should accompany the submission to the Visa Office.
Page 22 of the FSW guide.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/EG7.pdf

So if I read that right, the photocopied forms can be sent to London when requested, but the signature on them must be in pen. In that case I'll have to get the Tipp-Ex out to erase the copied signatures, re-copy then re-sign. Or perhaps I could just re-sign next to the photocopied signature?

Edo: I'd say fresh dates as they also need fresh signatures. Plus it is signing to say that at that date, the information remains correct.

Last edited by Shredder; Apr 14th 2009 at 1:44 pm.
Old Apr 14th 2009, 7:23 pm
Forum Regular

MarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Shredder
Page 22 of the FSW guide.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/EG7.pdf

So if I read that right, the photocopied forms can be sent to London when requested, but the signature on them must be in pen. In that case I'll have to get the Tipp-Ex out to erase the copied signatures, re-copy then re-sign. Or perhaps I could just re-sign next to the photocopied signature?

Edo: I'd say fresh dates as they also need fresh signatures. Plus it is signing to say that at that date, the information remains correct.
I'd re-sign and re-date below the originals, rather than use Tipp-Ex. I think Tipp-Ex and official documents should be kept well apart.
Old Apr 15th 2009, 2:26 am
Edo
BE Forum Addict

Thanks everybody. Looks like we have to love the forms no matter what!
Old Apr 16th 2009, 7:09 pm
Just Joined

Shredder is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MarkSurrey
I'd re-sign and re-date below the originals, rather than use Tipp-Ex. I think Tipp-Ex and official documents should be kept well apart.
Agreed, I meant Tipp-ex the old signature and date off, photocopy that tipp-ex'd form then sign and date in ink the new copies which now have no signature on.

Thanks for your reply.
Old Apr 16th 2009, 9:31 pm
Edo
BE Forum Addict

It may sound silly but I didnt keep photocopies of the forms. I just scanned them and saved them for my records before posting them to Sydney. Didnt know I'll be asked again to send them. And unfortunately the scanned copies didnt come up as very clear. May be I was relying too much on IT so gotta do all that again.