Form inconsistency

Old Jan 28th 2013, 7:07 am
Just Joined

sparkyand21 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Form inconsistency

Hi,

I've been struggling with the forms for a while now and wondering if it is me or the forms themselves!

Anyone had/having similar issues?

I'm applying for PR as a provincial nominee to CIC and have found:

1) IMM 5662E pdf already locked when I open it, which means I will have to hand write the information
2) IMM 5669 pdf has now locked itself even though I saved as partially complete with the intention of getting further information and adding. Will have to re-enter the information again in a blank form!
3) A number of forms do not seem to show the highlighted cells correctly - i.e. the ones to complete.
4) The font changes from super big to very small throughout some forms
5) In some cases the space is very limited forcing you into abbreviations (which themselves are frowned upon! - although have read other posts that have been helpful with the issue of space and abbreviations, so I feel well equipped to deal with this)

Overall the whole package of the application is going to look a bit like a dogs breakfast and I'm sure that isn't going to help them once received.

Any advice appreciated if it is me doing some wrong with Adobe Reader.

John
Old Jan 28th 2013, 8:44 am
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Form inconsistency

I remember the issue with 5669, once you've saved it you can't go back and re-edit the form - I think I had that form memorised by the time the whole processed finished!

As for abbreviations etc, I tried to avoid them where I could, in some cases I just hand-wrote in the answer, and in one case when I was trying to type "Cambridge" I could only get as far as the "g" so just hand-wrote the "e" at the end.

Where we did abbreviate things, we just did it with the most common things, or ones where there would be no question as to what the abbreviation would be - Uni for University, Ctr for Centre, that sort of thing. If it was going to be at all ambiguous we just hand-wrote in - LEGIBLY. (Only pick this option if you or your other half have very neat very legible non-chicken-scratch handwriting!!!! And let OTHERS make that decision - my husband thinks his writing is very neat, and I think his writing looks like he wrote it with his toes.)

Worst comes to worst, just put abbreviations on the form and add an addendum page that's clearly labelled with your name and question number etc, so if you wrote in, for example, Question 5 Past Employment "Ctr for Preform Arts", add a page on the end that says "Addendum for IMMxxxx, Question 5, previous employment - The full name of "Ctr for Preform Arts" is "The Toronto Centre for the Performing Arts" or something along those lines - you get the picture. (No idea if Question 5 is employment history, I'm just illustrating a point.)

HTH!
Old Jan 28th 2013, 11:23 am
Andrew

chiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to all

Same for me, just had to re-type the forms without saving until complete. My font was also small, but my application was accepted so there is your answer.

Regards

Andrew
Old Jan 29th 2013, 6:08 am
Just Joined

Thanks to you both for sharing your experiences and advice welcomed.

I'll keep handwriting versions until complete and then do one final big type up!

John
Old Jan 29th 2013, 1:51 pm
Just Joined

Paul PJ is an unknown quantity at this point

I'd try using a different browser when opening the PDF's. I was using Chrome and had problems, then switched to IE and the forms opened and worked correctly. Worth a try
Old Feb 1st 2013, 8:52 am
Just Joined

Have found out the issue with the forms.

It seems CIC may have used an older version of Adobe Acrobat to create the forms and then applied extended features to control input. This combination causes some form of license conflict when you first save data. This means the extended features fail on second opening preventing further data input as Acrobat assumes the license is invalid.

The workaround to this is to use a full version of Adobe Acrobat therefore providing you all the features of the software and avoiding the license issue which allows multiple data entry into the forms. If you don't own a copy of Adobe Acrobat you can download it on a 30 day free trial from the Adobe website.

It still seems that the Travel form is locked and requires manual writing even with this workaround, so CIC must have locked the form at the outset.

Hope this helps, it certainly saved me a lot of data re-entry.

John