Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Form IMM008 generic - what's with those three spaces for passport pix?

Form IMM008 generic - what's with those three spaces for passport pix?

Old Dec 15th 2009, 8:03 am
Just Joined

Headingforhalifax is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Form IMM008 generic - what's with those three spaces for passport pix?

Hi everyone.

Regarding form IMM008 Generic, the second page asks me to list details of family members.

I have listed my wife - who is a Canadian citizen by birth and who is sponsoring my application for permanent residency.

I've listed also both of our nine-month-old twin children, who are of course Canadian citizens by birth. (The consular here in London, UK has advised us to apply for temp' passports for them so they can enter Canada with us - then apply for citizenship certificates).

My query: The bottom of this page features space for passport photos of all three family members.

Do I need to go to the trouble of securing passport pix of my wife and children? She is a Canadian by birth and they are also.

If so, and if I put one of these in each of the three spaces provided, do I then need to file with our application an additional eight examples of the same picture - as is the case with me (the applicant)?

Is it just me, or are the guide notes (which I've read three times) hopeless patchy and ambiguous??!

Many thanks for your assistance.

Kind regards,

Scott Neilson
0044 (0) 7884435682
Old Dec 15th 2009, 8:41 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Form IMM008 generic - what's with those three spaces for passport pix?

Hi

Originally Posted by Headingforhalifax
Hi everyone.

Regarding form IMM008 Generic, the second page asks me to list details of family members.

I have listed my wife - who is a Canadian citizen by birth and who is sponsoring my application for permanent residency.

I've listed also both of our nine-month-old twin children, who are of course Canadian citizens by birth. (The consular here in London, UK has advised us to apply for temp' passports for them so they can enter Canada with us - then apply for citizenship certificates).

My query: The bottom of this page features space for passport photos of all three family members.

Do I need to go to the trouble of securing passport pix of my wife and children? She is a Canadian by birth and they are also.

If so, and if I put one of these in each of the three spaces provided, do I then need to file with our application an additional eight examples of the same picture - as is the case with me (the applicant)?

Is it just me, or are the guide notes (which I've read three times) hopeless patchy and ambiguous??!

Many thanks for your assistance.

Kind regards,

Scott Neilson
0044 (0) 7884435682
1. Go back read the form again. You don't include the children as they are Canadian. BIG BOLD LETTERS top of page 2.
2. You only require photos for your self.
Old Dec 15th 2009, 9:24 am
BE Forum Addict

bodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Form IMM008 generic - what's with those three spaces for passport pix?

Although the op has had wrists slapped, i'd still like to know about the spaces for the photos - I didn't do anything with them (other than put photos in the envelope) - do cic stick the photos on the form and copy it or something?
Old Dec 15th 2009, 10:41 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by bodgerx
Although the op has had wrists slapped, i'd still like to know about the spaces for the photos - I didn't do anything with them (other than put photos in the envelope) - do cic stick the photos on the form and copy it or something?
CIC/CHC sticks the photos on.
Old Dec 15th 2009, 8:48 pm
Just Joined

Headingforhalifax is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi both. Many thanks for your input.

Still slightly confused, however. Given that my wife a Canadian by birth as are my kids, do I still have to go to the trouble of producing eight times passport pix for all three of them, to include in the application?

Many thanks, Scott
Old Dec 16th 2009, 5:22 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hi

Originally Posted by Headingforhalifax
Hi both. Many thanks for your input.

Still slightly confused, however. Given that my wife a Canadian by birth as are my kids, do I still have to go to the trouble of producing eight times passport pix for all three of them, to include in the application?

Many thanks, Scott
As per my previous post, only pictures of yourself, as you are the only applicant.