Form ambiguity

Old Nov 11th 2004, 9:07 am
Forum Regular

uprightdog is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Form ambiguity

I have a slightly obscure, and possibly quite stupid question.

I'm currently looking at form IMM0008 - Schedule 3, Economic Classes - Federal Skilled Workers. Section 11 is called 'Your work experience', and requests a 'list of occupations'. Now, does anyone know if this means occupations (web developer, journalist, astronaut for example), or specific jobs (web developer for Sideshow Bob's Web Design Ltd, journalist for The Guardian, astronaut for NASA etc)?

If it means occupations, why does it require from/to dates? And if it means specific jobs, why does it require 'years of experience' for each job?

I apologise if I am not seeing the wood for the trees - I'm probably suffering from form blindness.
Old Nov 11th 2004, 11:20 am
Just Joined

timeo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Form ambiguity

Hi URDog,

You should list the occupations that you are claiming points for.
My wife (main applicant) found the job description that matched best form the NOC list and then filled in that job title and code, in her case, Administrative Officer, 1221.
We only included past occupations for which there was a match and code.
This was only 2 jobs, but then it was all the jobs she had had.
As is says "List only occupations that fall in Skill Type 0 or Skill Levels A or B of the NOC", I figure you wouldn't bother with a job like shelf-stacker (no offence to shelf-stackers, I have done it while at school).
The years of experience bit refers to the number of points you can claim i.e. 4+ years is 21 (?) or max points. You can total max points over a few occupations. The dates would be to illustrate you can add up and presumably should match the references you also need to send.

Hope this helps. (Unless I'm wrong and our application is worthless ).

Tim
Old Nov 12th 2004, 11:43 am
Forum Regular

uprightdog is an unknown quantity at this point

Still not entirely clear on this I'm afraid.

I've worked as web developer for 3 different employers. So, do I just fill in one panel with web developer, 2175 - and check the 4 years or more experience box? In which case, what do I put for from/to dates - considering I've had 3 jobs in this area, with breaks in between jobs?
Old Nov 12th 2004, 2:42 pm
Just Joined

timeo is an unknown quantity at this point

Hmm, I guess you could either fill in 1 box with dates that covered all 3 employers, or fill out 3 sections, all same codes etc but the individual dates.

I would probably go for the first one, as it would be backed up by the references etc., and there would be no ambiguity over the total experience, if say 1 employer was less than a year.

I guess it may also depend on how long the breaks inbetween were.

Maybe someone else has an idea or had a similar situation?