Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Foreign business operating Canada?

Wikiposts

Foreign business operating Canada?

Old Aug 29th 2003, 5:15 pm
Forum Regular

shash is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Foreign business operating Canada?

Hi there.

I wonder if someone may be able to shed some light on the following...

If a person owns a company outside of Canada, can this company carry out business activities in Canada?

The owners of the company do not wish to immigrate to Canada, nor do they want to be employed by the company in Canada. The owners just want to operate their business in Canada and employ Canadians in this business.

Let's use the example of an overseas company that is a construction company. The company wishes to carrying on construction projects in Canada employing Canadians. The owners of the overseas company will simply come to Canada from time to time to check that the projects are going well and the employees are doing what they should.

Can this be done and are there any special licenses or applications that the overseas company has to apply for in order to carry out business in Canada?

Any thoughts or can anyone point me to any web sites where I may find some info?

Many thanks.