Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Flying from NS to the States while on a TWP

Wikiposts

Flying from NS to the States while on a TWP

Old Feb 16th 2009, 1:33 am
Forum Regular

Big Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud of
Default Flying from NS to the States while on a TWP

I am currently on a 3 year TWP in NS.
My boss wants to send me on a course to the states for a couple of days.
On my work permit it says 'THIS DOES NOT AUTHORIZE RE-ENTRY'
Does anyone know if I will have a problem flying from NS to the states using my british passport!
Many thanks in advance
Steve
Old Feb 16th 2009, 2:49 am
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Flying from NS to the States while on a TWP

Originally Posted by Big Stevo
Does anyone know if I will have a problem flying from NS to the states using my british passport!
Many thanks in advance
Steve
I flew back to the UK while on TWP and had no issue coming back in, both ways using the British Passport. I just mentioned I was on TWP and the imm guys weren't bothered.
Old Feb 16th 2009, 2:51 am

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Big Stevo
Many thanks in advance
Steve
We have driven in and out of the states whilst on a TWP and we haven't had any problems - we have also flown to the UK and back twice, also without problem, even though the last time as it was so hurried I forgot to stick Dave's WP actually IN his passport...OOOOOOOPS!!
Old Feb 16th 2009, 4:48 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
We have driven in and out of the states whilst on a TWP and we haven't had any problems - we have also flown to the UK and back twice, also without problem, even though the last time as it was so hurried I forgot to stick Dave's WP actually IN his passport...OOOOOOOPS!!
1. Two reasons why the statement is there, if you are from a non-visa exempt country and go for a visit to another country other than US, St. Pierre et Miquelon and only have a single entry visa, you can't return on the strength of the work permit. Secondly each admission as visitor (a work permit is a visitor allowed to work) is a new examination for admission and if you no longer qualify, you can be refused.