Flights to the UK through USA

Old Feb 16th 2010, 6:03 pm
Forum Regular

jonesyp is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Flights to the UK through USA

Now i have a PR card,
I am looking online for flights from vancouver to the UK
I have noticed that its about $500 cheaper to fly Rtn from seattle

What problems will i encounter flying back into seattle?

Will i have to book a flight back to vancouver?
Old Feb 17th 2010, 1:26 am
G77
BE Forum Addict

G77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Flights to the UK through USA

Afaik, you cannot fly into the US as a British citizen (they don't care about you being a PR in Canada, means nothing to them) without a return ticket in case you get refused entry. I'm not sure an onward ticket to Vancouver would suffice, unless it was on the same ticket as the Seattle leg....
Old Feb 17th 2010, 1:42 am
Forum Regular

Alanandson has a brilliant futureAlanandson has a brilliant futureAlanandson has a brilliant futureAlanandson has a brilliant futureAlanandson has a brilliant futureAlanandson has a brilliant futureAlanandson has a brilliant future

I don't see a problem with this, providing you have a ticket with you for your trip to Vancouver.

We did a similar thing recently, when we were going on holiday. Our round trip was from LA to Tahiti. We then had a return WestJet ticket to get us from Calgary to LA and back, after our holiday. On our return leg, the check-in agent in Tahiti asked to see our WJ e-ticket/email (as they either want proof of where you are staying in the US before you board, or proof that you are transiting) and when we went through immigration in LA, they didn't ask to see it, they just asked 'how long we were going to Canada for' etc etc, on we went.
Old Feb 17th 2010, 2:32 am
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jonesyp
Now i have a PR card,
I am looking online for flights from vancouver to the UK
I have noticed that its about $500 cheaper to fly Rtn from seattle

What problems will i encounter flying back into seattle?

Will i have to book a flight back to vancouver?
My tight-arsed friends have done this when visiting Vancouver and they didn't have a problem. Ironically they booked a hire car and drove from Seattle to Vancouver, only saving a small amount of money for a huge amount of time and energy spent.

If you choose to go this route and book a hire car or take the bus, i would book in advance to show as evidence should you need it.