British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   Flagpoling at rainbow bridge niagara (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/flagpoling-rainbow-bridge-niagara-944047/)

Fraserl May 20th 2022 5:01 pm

Flagpoling at rainbow bridge niagara

Another quick question ! So to activate my daughters work permit under iec we need to flagpole at the rainbow bridge border at niagara (we’re already in Canada) I understand Flagpoling is now allowed and only certain days - she will need to go to USA border and ask to be denied entry and then get turned around to Canada border …. My question is can we do this with her or does she need to do it alone ? We have valid work permits already so will not be activating anything ourselves so was unsure if we can also go and ask for denied entry to just return with her ?!

thanks !

Revin Kevin May 25th 2022 3:37 pm

Re: Flagpoling at rainbow bridge niagara

Originally Posted by Fraserl (Post 13116391)
Another quick question ! So to activate my daughters work permit under iec we need to flagpole at the rainbow bridge border at niagara (we’re already in Canada) I understand Flagpoling is now allowed and only certain days - she will need to go to USA border and ask to be denied entry and then get turned around to Canada border …. My question is can we do this with her or does she need to do it alone ? We have valid work permits already so will not be activating anything ourselves so was unsure if we can also go and ask for denied entry to just return with her ?!

thanks !

Thought I heard you can "flagpole" at certain inland offices nowadays, unless that was just during covid.

Gozit May 31st 2022 6:05 pm

It's easier not to do the "ask to be denied entry" thing now that the borders are actually open. Just drive across to the US for the day, make sure you all have valid ESTA (now required for land border as well), fill up on some petrol as it's cheaper, grab some wings in Buffalo, then drive back to Canada and activate your daughter's WP. You should be able to do it at any time as long as the border crossing is open.

No covid test to go to or from the US by land, you just need to be fully vaccinated and fill in ArriveCan on your return to Canada.

Fraserl Jun 1st 2022 5:08 pm

[QUOTE=Gozit;13119058]It's easier not to do the "ask to be denied entry" thing now that the borders are actually open. Just drive across to the US for the day, make sure you all have valid ESTA (now required for land border as well), fill up on some petrol as it's cheaper, grab some wings in Buffalo, then drive back to Canada and activate your daughter's WP. You should be able to do it at any time as long as the border crossing is open.

No covid test to go to or from the US by land, you just need to be fully vaccinated and fill in ArriveCan on your return to Canada.[/QUOT

That’s really helpful ! Thank you so much