Flagpoling at Niagara

Old Jan 1st 2010, 8:01 am
Forum Regular

omro is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Flagpoling at Niagara

Hi,

I'm really excited to flagpole and get my PRV started. It's looking like I may have to flagpole at Niagara, as my sister-in-law (the one who'll drive me there) doesn't have a passport and Niagara has a foot cross, so I'm told.

Can anyone please confirm this?

Can anyone also confirm whether or not it will be possible to get a Permanent Resident's Visa processed after 6pm on a week day or on a Saturday/Sunday through that crossing?

Thanks!!
Old Jan 1st 2010, 9:37 am
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Flagpoling at Niagara

Yes 24/7.

http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/contact/l...ice1022-e.html
Old Jan 1st 2010, 9:50 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by JonboyE
Awesome thanks!

Anyone walked across the border?
Old Jan 1st 2010, 10:27 am
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...hlight=niagara
Old Jan 2nd 2010, 8:57 am
Forum Regular

Thanks!
Old Jan 17th 2010, 2:03 am
Forum Regular

If anyone wants to flagpole at Niagara's Rainbow Bridge, a Friday night by foot seems to be the best way to do it. I arrived a little after 7pm, walked to the American side, answered a few questions and sat down and waited 5 mins and they send me back to the Canadian side. Another 10min wait at the Canadian side and I was told to expect my PR card in 4 to 6 weeks. Customs took another 5 mins and I was done.

The people there said that if I'd done this by car it could have added another hour to the experience, as there were queues of cars at both sides. They also said that on a Saturday there were so many people trying to get through on each side that you often had quite the long wait.

All in all a very positive end to a very long and often weary process of getting my permanent residence in Canada.