Flag polling question

Old Sep 10th 2010, 7:46 pm
Forum Regular

Bella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Flag polling question

Hi there,

I wonder if you can help me please.

My husband is going to be coming over to look for work next month and will be applying for an LMO then flag polling.

My question is, I think that I need to flag poll with him to activate my work permit (which he's the main applicant and I get mine if he gets his) We have two children 12 and 2 years old. When we flag poll do they need to be with us? Or can i have him send mine to me and the activate when me at the kids get there and he's sorted us out somewhere to live?

The reason I ask is I'd rather come over for a few days, flag poll and come home to wrap things up if I need to flag poll at the same time, I don't want to bring a 2 yr old all that way for 2-3 days to activate the visa.

Does that make sense?

Last edited by Bella Cullen; Sep 10th 2010 at 7:58 pm.
Old Sep 10th 2010, 9:29 pm
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Flag polling question

Originally Posted by Bella Cullen
Hi there,

I wonder if you can help me please.

My husband is going to be coming over to look for work next month and will be applying for an LMO then flag polling.

My question is, I think that I need to flag poll with him to activate my work permit (which he's the main applicant and I get mine if he gets his) We have two children 12 and 2 years old. When we flag poll do they need to be with us? Or can i have him send mine to me and the activate when me at the kids get there and he's sorted us out somewhere to live?

The reason I ask is I'd rather come over for a few days, flag poll and come home to wrap things up if I need to flag poll at the same time, I don't want to bring a 2 yr old all that way for 2-3 days to activate the visa.

Does that make sense?
Not to me. You only 'flagpole' if you are in Canada already and need to change your immigration status so you leave temporarily to dance around the flagpole.

Is your husband going to stay in Canada until he gets a job and then wait until the LMO is approved?? If you are in the UK then there is no flagpoling for you, just applying for the relevant visas.
Old Sep 10th 2010, 9:36 pm
Forum Regular

Bella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond repute

Yes he will be in TO until he gets a job and will be staying there until the LMO is approved () We will then follow.

so all I have to do is apply when we get there? What do I say to immigration when they say work or pleasure? we wont have a return flight booked lol
Old Sep 10th 2010, 10:03 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by Bella Cullen
Yes he will be in TO until he gets a job and will be staying there until the LMO is approved () We will then follow.

so all I have to do is apply when we get there? What do I say to immigration when they say work or pleasure? we wont have a return flight booked lol
IF your spouse gets a work permit and it is in NOC, A, B. or O you would need a copy of it to obtain your open work permit on entry. As you will be traveling with the kids, you should also have a letter of permission from their father allowing them to travel to Canada. One thing to keep in mind, if you have a one way ticket, depending on the airline, they may refuse to board you, as you don't have status in Canada.
Old Sep 11th 2010, 2:31 am

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PMM
if you have a one way ticket, depending on the airline, they may refuse to board you, as you don't have status in Canada.
It is a high probability. Very unwise to travel on a one way without residency status.