fixed penalty notice

Old Nov 3rd 2011, 1:44 pm
Just Joined

missy86 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default fixed penalty notice

hi can anyone help, i recieved a fixed penalty notice for £80 in may which i paid. the fine was for retail theft (£10). im moving to canada in feb and im wondering if this will stop me being able to enter.
Old Nov 3rd 2011, 2:15 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: fixed penalty notice

Originally Posted by missy86
hi can anyone help, i recieved a fixed penalty notice for £80 in may which i paid. the fine was for retail theft (£10). im moving to canada in feb and im wondering if this will stop me being able to enter.
What type of visa etc are you moving over with ? Surely this info was submitted with your application ?
Old Nov 3rd 2011, 2:25 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Tangram
What type of visa etc are you moving over with ? Surely this info was submitted with your application ?
my partner is currently in alberta at the minute working, i will be added to his visa! i have got all my forms which i have filled out, family info, application for open work permit etcand just have to take them to port of entry in calgary!

i was never arrested of had finger prints took etc... was just given an £80 fine for something so stupid.
im hoping this doesnt cause problems for my familys future.
Old Nov 3rd 2011, 2:32 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Your problem is figuring out how this offence would be classified under Canadas criminal code.... thats what counts as far as CIC are concerned.
Old Nov 3rd 2011, 2:34 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Still haven't said what Visa type you are 'joining your partner on' and on that note ( as they say in Dragon's Den ) I'm out.
Old Nov 3rd 2011, 4:14 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

my partner is currently in alberta at the minute working, i will be added to his visa! i have got all my forms which i have filled out, family info, application for open work permit etcand just have to take them to port of entry in calgary!

i was never arrested of had finger prints took etc... was just given an £80 fine for something so stupid.
im hoping this doesnt cause problems for my familys future.
What does your police certificate say? And, just checking, but you have given the details of this incident in the question about criminal offences on the SOWP form have you?

I'm sure you've already seen it, but here is the info from the CIC website about criminal inadmissibility - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/conviction.asp

Last edited by christmasoompa; Nov 3rd 2011 at 4:19 pm.
Old Nov 3rd 2011, 6:48 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
What does your police certificate say? And, just checking, but you have given the details of this incident in the question about criminal offences on the SOWP form have you?

I'm sure you've already seen it, but here is the info from the CIC website about criminal inadmissibility - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/conviction.asp
basically it just says fixed penalty notice £80 may 2011!!!!! no arrest was made and it was first offence which will definatly wont be repeated.
Old Nov 3rd 2011, 8:04 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

basically it just says fixed penalty notice £80 may 2011!!!!! no arrest was made and it was first offence which will definatly wont be repeated.
OK, so basically it was a caution? Personally, if I were you I wouldn't apply at POE just in case you're deemed inadmissible, I'd apply via the London visa office so that you can be sure you'll be admissible when you travel over to Canada. CIC seem to have no fixed rules on cautions, some people are deemed inadmissible with them and others aren't, so it's a bit of a risk to just turn up and chance it in case you're refused entry.

All you can do (unless you want to do an 'info only' criminal rehab application) is apply (making sure you've given info about the caution in the bit where it asks about whether you've ever committed a criminal act etc), include your police cert and keep fingers crossed.

Best of luck, do let us know how it turns out.
Old Nov 3rd 2011, 8:48 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
OK, so basically it was a caution? Personally, if I were you I wouldn't apply at POE just in case you're deemed inadmissible, I'd apply via the London visa office so that you can be sure you'll be admissible when you travel over to Canada. CIC seem to have no fixed rules on cautions, some people are deemed inadmissible with them and others aren't, so it's a bit of a risk to just turn up and chance it in case you're refused entry.

All you can do (unless you want to do an 'info only' criminal rehab application) is apply (making sure you've given info about the caution in the bit where it asks about whether you've ever committed a criminal act etc), include your police cert and keep fingers crossed.

Best of luck, do let us know how it turns out.
thanks very much for your advice, i will update how i get on!