Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

First Passport Expiry dates and Visa?????

First Passport Expiry dates and Visa?????

Old Nov 20th 2009, 1:47 am
Banned

durrani is an unknown quantity at this point
Default First Passport Expiry dates and Visa?????

Hi

Thanks God, today I recieved Request for submission of Passports in London office.

However, I was bit confuse after reading the instruction and needs some advise.

My passport was going to expire in march 2010 so thats why I applied for a new passport which I have now with expiry date march 2014.

In instruction, it states that Unless your passport expires on an earlier date, your visa will expire one year from the date of your medical exam. If your passport or any of your family member's passport are due to expire before this date, all visas will expire on the date that the first passport expires.

As my first passport is expiring in March 2010, so it means that my visa will only be valid till March. My medical was done in Octuber 2009.

My friends advise that I should shift to Canada by the end of March or April as it is very cold today. Also, I have to do alot of work here before shifting to Canada.

Every advise will be highly appricated.

Thanks in advance for any comments
Old Nov 20th 2009, 3:06 am
Forum Regular

bangalg is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: First Passport Expiry dates and Visa?????

At any given point in time, a person can only have one valid passport for a given country. So in your case, the new passport which is valid until March, 2014 is the only one that is valid. The earlier passport with the expiry date of March, 2010 will not hold and hence the validity of your Visa will be beyond March, 2010.
Old Nov 21st 2009, 7:36 am
Banned

durrani is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: First Passport Expiry dates and Visa?????

Thanks alot.