Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Fingerprints in Vancouver! ???????????????

Fingerprints in Vancouver! ???????????????

Old Sep 14th 2004, 6:09 am
Forum Regular

dextroyer is on a distinguished road
Talking Fingerprints in Vancouver! ???????????????

Hello thanks in advance for any replies.

I am in Vancouver, BC and I want to take my fingerprints so I can send them to the RCMP in Ottawa and save time (since it takes up to 5 months). I have not received my IA yet but I received my AOR a couple of months ago.

I went to the local police station and they told me that I needed a document from the embassy asking for the fingerprints! so they asked me to wait until I got that.

I found another fingerprinting agency in vancouver:

International Fingerprinting Services
620-470 Granville St.

Does anyone know if this agency's fingerprints would be accepted by the RCMP in Ottawa? I phoned them and they said: "We hope so..." They also told me that they don't need to see any paperwork to do the fingerprinting service. Also How many sets should I take? they said I get 2 sets for $35 which is not bad.

Thank you very much!!
Old Sep 14th 2004, 6:14 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fingerprints in Vancouver! ???????????????

Yes IFS fingerprints are accepted by the RCMP and they are cheaper than the police to boot.

Originally Posted by dextroyer

I am in Vancouver, BC and I want to take my fingerprints so I can send them to the RCMP in Ottawa and save time (since it takes up to 5 months). I have not received my IA yet but I received my AOR a couple of months ago.

I went to the local police station and they told me that I needed a document from the embassy asking for the fingerprints! so they asked me to wait until I got that.

620-470 Granville St.

Does anyone know if this agency's fingerprints would be accepted by the RCMP in Ottawa? I phoned them and they said: "We hope so..." They also told me that they don't need to see any paperwork to do the fingerprinting service. Also How many sets should I take? they said I get 2 sets for $35 which is not bad.

Thank you very much!!
Old Sep 14th 2004, 6:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Redwings is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, Thats where my family and I went for our finger printing and it worked very well. The guys there were very helpfull. listen to their intructions.

hope this helps

620-470 Granville St.

Thank you very much!!
Old Sep 14th 2004, 6:52 am
Forum Regular

dextroyer is on a distinguished road

Thank you so much for the replies. I'll go get them right away!
Old Sep 16th 2004, 4:47 am
kaka123kaka2002

did you go without a letter fromt he consulate ? is that ok ?

Originally Posted by Redwings
Yes, Thats where my family and I went for our finger printing and it worked very well. The guys there were very helpfull. listen to their intructions.

hope this helps

Old Sep 16th 2004, 4:47 am
kaka123kaka2002

is it ok to submit fingerprints without being asked for by the consulate ? does that have any negative impact ?

Thank you so much for the replies. I'll go get them right away!

Old Sep 16th 2004, 4:57 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kaka123kaka2002
is it ok to submit fingerprints without being asked for by the consulate ? does that have any negative impact ?
It all depends on what catgeory you apply under and where. Spousal sonsoships should go ahead and get the FBI certificate prior to submission of the application.