Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Fingerprints for Citizenship Application

Fingerprints for Citizenship Application

Old May 2nd 2011, 5:33 am
BE Forum Addict

britishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Fingerprints for Citizenship Application

So i finally recieved a letter from CIC regarding my citizenship application the other day.

Its asking for my to go take fingerprints because after looking at my biographical information someone with a similiar biography to me has come up and they want to make sure its not me.

Well i know its not me lol ive been as clean as a whistle.

My question is this, has anyone else had this? how long did it delay your process?

and second of all, im slightly confused because i gave all my info to RCMP when i had to get cleared with my PR application 4 years ago, why cant they match it up to that?

Is this just more beaurocratic red tape BS and more money for nothing??
Old May 2nd 2011, 5:37 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fingerprints for Citizenship Application

It happens from time to time and your best bet is to comply promptly so that you do not delay matters more than necessary.
Old May 2nd 2011, 5:48 am
BE Forum Addict

britishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Jim,

I will do it, just see that CIC are still full of BS LOL
Its funny i had a maple leaf tattoo on my arm about 3 years ago and i will show it proudly when i finally get my citizenship and i shall say to the judge that i knew in my bloomin heart i was Canadian a long time before i had to go through all this S***, time and money for a piece of paper to prove it!
Old May 2nd 2011, 6:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britishvixen21
Thanks Jim,

I will do it, just see that CIC are still full of BS LOL
Its funny i had a maple leaf tattoo on my arm about 3 years ago and i will show it proudly when i finally get my citizenship and i shall say to the judge that i knew in my bloomin heart i was Canadian a long time before i had to go through all this S***, time and money for a piece of paper to prove it!
You're quite correct. How dare CIC in times of identity theft, not just take your word for it
Old May 2nd 2011, 6:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
You're quite correct. How dare CIC in times of identity theft, not just take your word for it
LOL im not asking them to do that, im asking them to look at the fingerprints already on file for me, you know when you apply for PR they know the ins and outs of your cats ass..... they cant match me up to this 'other person' from my fingerprints, SIN #, PR Card photo, retinal scan........

I mean christ when i crossed the US Border the fella knew i had lost my purse 3 years prior and had made a police report, your telling me they cant tell me apart from someone else?
Old May 2nd 2011, 6:53 am
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

Curious as to when you had a retinal scan as part of your PR process?
And yes they can tell you apart from this other person , by your finger prints !

To be helpful I believe there are online services where you can submit your fingerprints online , I think these are much quicker than the standard route through the RCMP.

It has been a while since I recall this coming up on the boards but a search of online fingerprints might yield some results
Old May 2nd 2011, 7:14 am
BE Forum Addict

I had a retinal scan for something else i think the states.

im jut confused as to why they cant figure me out with the deets they already have!

Its a pain in the ass thats all, and a delay in an already long process. and im just having a good old british moan.
Old May 2nd 2011, 11:07 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

im jut confused as to why they cant figure me out with the deets they already have!

Its a pain in the ass thats all, and a delay in an already long process. and im just having a good old british moan.

Just go to the Commissionaires and get your digital prints. Results usually in 72 hours.
Old May 2nd 2011, 11:41 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Even if your previous prints are on file, they need you to give them again because they will want to look at you, make sure that the person in front of them matches the person on the passport, and then that the person in front of them is the one putting their fingerprints on the piece of paper
Thats the only way that the person amking the comparison can say they know who the prints belong to.

Comes up frequently in things like police checks for jobs. I did both in the UK, took the prints and did the police checks, and I know its a pain in the neck for the person involved but there is no other way round it - fingerprints are the definitive way to identify someone, but you have to be sure that the prints you are taking belong to a person who reallly is who they claim to be!!
Old May 3rd 2011, 1:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks for the clarifycation Polly, i never thought of it like that, im just peeved that ive been waiting for so long and I already have a long standing hatred for CIC LOL
Old May 4th 2011, 12:00 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the clarifycation Polly, i never thought of it like that, im just peeved that ive been waiting for so long and I already have a long standing hatred for CIC LOL
I feel your pain, used to talk people through the process in the UK Mind you it did have results sometimes, a remember a couple of people who kept protesting it was all coincidence, the criminal records we held weren't theirs, just someone with similar details........I'll never forget the looks on their faces when they had to admit they'd been lying all along once we had taken their prints and got a match!
Old May 4th 2011, 4:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I feel your pain, used to talk people through the process in the UK Mind you it did have results sometimes, a remember a couple of people who kept protesting it was all coincidence, the criminal records we held weren't theirs, just someone with similar details........I'll never forget the looks on their faces when they had to admit they'd been lying all along once we had taken their prints and got a match!
HAHAHA thats pretty funny, I must admit i was like "Have I?" but i know full well i havent. but it does make you think.