Finding Older GCSE Results

Old Jan 22nd 2019, 1:20 am
BE Enthusiast

pennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond repute
Default Finding Older GCSE Results

We have been in Canada for Almost 12 years now.
My son is applying for citizenship and needs his GCSE results to prove his english proficiency. Or something similar.
Anyway I have looked and looked through our paper work we brought over but I just cant find his GCSE results.
He called his old school and they were very unhelpful.

Does anyone know how to track down GCSE and possibly A level results from Around 2000 or 2001?

I cant even find what exam board it would have been.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Old Jan 25th 2019, 4:28 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Finding Older GCSE Results

Originally Posted by pennyhp View Post
We have been in Canada for Almost 12 years now.
My son is applying for citizenship and needs his GCSE results to prove his english proficiency. Or something similar.
Anyway I have looked and looked through our paper work we brought over but I just cant find his GCSE results.
He called his old school and they were very unhelpful.

Does anyone know how to track down GCSE and possibly A level results from Around 2000 or 2001?

I cant even find what exam board it would have been.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
It's not just the results/certificates he would need - he may also need the transcripts or a letter confirming that all course work was conducted in English. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-0002-application-canadian-citizenship-under-subsection-5-1-adults-18-years-older.html#language

Without knowing the examining board it will difficult to get that info if the school isn't being helpful. You might be able to track down the examining body by subject and school location I suppose.. I did find this which might be of use.. the suggestion of asking friends who sat the same exams if they have certificates with the examining board name on is a good one.. FB could be his friend!
https://www.ucas.com/undergraduate/a...m-certificates

It would probably be far easier and quicker (and cheaper!) for him to go and sit a CELPIP or IELTS test if he didn't attend college here... What documents can I use to prove that I meet the citizenship language requirement?
Old Jan 26th 2019, 1:34 pm
Forum Regular

philip.arkwright has a reputation beyond reputephilip.arkwright has a reputation beyond reputephilip.arkwright has a reputation beyond reputephilip.arkwright has a reputation beyond reputephilip.arkwright has a reputation beyond reputephilip.arkwright has a reputation beyond reputephilip.arkwright has a reputation beyond reputephilip.arkwright has a reputation beyond reputephilip.arkwright has a reputation beyond reputephilip.arkwright has a reputation beyond reputephilip.arkwright has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like he’d be better of doing a language test such as IELTS, not sure his GCSE’s would be accepted as proof of proficiency anyway
Old Jan 26th 2019, 5:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

pennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond repute

I think that's what he will have to do.
My other son had his secondary school results and that was enough for him to gain his citizenship.
That was about four years ago.
Things might have changed and he could pay to chase up his results and still have to do the test so he might as well just take it.

Old Jan 26th 2019, 6:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

AlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond repute

I had the same quandary - although I had the actual certificates, the examining board had changed and I figured it was going to be harder to get the transcripts (and run the risk of getting it rejected) than just do the test.
The idea of it did suck - but in the end it was worth it.
Old Jan 27th 2019, 1:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thumbs up Re: Finding Older GCSE Results

Thank you. I think you are right.