Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Finding an employer to sponsor me, is it a hopless cause?

Wikiposts

Finding an employer to sponsor me, is it a hopless cause?

Old Aug 24th 2005, 9:43 pm
Forum Regular

giso is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Finding an employer to sponsor me, is it a hopless cause?

Originally Posted by almacca
Thanks for all the replies so far!!! As I have internet access from my work PC I've been browsing the HRSDC job pages regularly........during my breaks, honest, I have probably sent my CV to dozens of companies some reply some don't but I received a very positive reply yesterday from a employer who wants to take things further. Not sure if he was meaning in terms of a sponsoring me or if he was interested should I get PR (which most of my replies seem to state). I will reply to him today and keep you all informed.

Wow almacca so fast i've send about 300 cvs tell now, we muslims say "masha' allah lakowata illa bellah" in order to wish you the best and stop any envey ever.
I'm happy for you it is fast , my advice take whatever that employaer offers any experience in canad is worth it and you got to know how is it like there better.
Old Aug 24th 2005, 11:23 pm
Forum Regular

CanDreams is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Are job published on HRDC job sites are those which can be approved by HRDC for foreign worker?

In other words, are those jobs are published by employer for foreign workers?

Can you please post the HRDC's job site link.

Thanks
CD

Originally Posted by almacca
Thanks for all the replies so far!!! As I have internet access from my work PC I've been browsing the HRSDC job pages regularly........during my breaks, honest, I have probably sent my CV to dozens of companies some reply some don't but I received a very positive reply yesterday from a employer who wants to take things further. Not sure if he was meaning in terms of a sponsoring me or if he was interested should I get PR (which most of my replies seem to state). I will reply to him today and keep you all informed.
Old Aug 25th 2005, 12:53 am
Forum Regular

almacca is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by CanDreams
Hi,

Are job published on HRDC job sites are those which can be approved by HRDC for foreign worker?

In other words, are those jobs are published by employer for foreign workers?

Can you please post the HRDC's job site link.

Thanks
CD
Relatively new to this, but Im sure that the HRSDC jobs are open to Canadians and foreigners alike. Foreigners are allowed to submit CV's or apply for these jobs, but to actually work in Canada you have to have a work visa and you can only get this if you have a genuine job offer in the first place.
I'm sure one of the regulars will correct me on the above if I'm wrong

http://www.hrsdc.gc.ca/en/home.shtml
Old Aug 25th 2005, 2:03 am
Forum Regular

hankim2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Mr Miller

Do the kids of these people (work permit holders) pay international rate for school fees or domestic rate?

What about the kids of student visa holders ie do they pay domestic rate?

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
And regardless of all negative assumptions many of you have expressed Canada issues over 110,000 Work Permits every year to foreign workers - majority of them found the job while still abroad.

If 110,000+ can why can't you?

One of several factors being assessed during PR application process is applicant's ability to successfuly establish himself or herself economically in Canada - it includes demonstrated resourcefulness in searching for and finding employment.

There are many applicants who despite scoring 75+ (or even 88+) points were refused on the basis of section 76(3) of IRPA Regulations

http://www.canlii.org/ca/regu/sor2-227/sec76.html

just because they didn't demonstrate their abilities to succeed.

Just in past 12 months I have been retained for re-applications by 5 of such applicants who applied initially on their own and got refused on the basis of R76(3), two of them with Masters and PhD completed in Canada.