Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

financial evaluation...sponsorship

financial evaluation...sponsorship

Old Aug 4th 2005, 11:58 am
Just Joined

beckyjayne is an unknown quantity at this point
Default financial evaluation...sponsorship

i am a Canadian sponsoring my husband but have been living in the UK for over two years now and have not worked in Canada since then but have had a job in the UK for about 8 months....when filling the financial forms out there is a lot that i can not fill out...should i just fill out to the best i can and attach a little note saying that i have not worked in Canada for 2 years...
any help please....
Old Aug 4th 2005, 1:56 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: financial evaluation...sponsorship

My (soon to be) wife was in a similar position sponsoring me as C-I-L partner. She had been working in the Uk for 3 yrs or so. Instead of sending in her T4 showing Canadian earnings she send in a copy of her P60 showing Uk earnings with a covering letter.

AX
Old Aug 4th 2005, 2:53 pm
Forum Regular

Scoobsta is a jewel in the roughScoobsta is a jewel in the roughScoobsta is a jewel in the roughScoobsta is a jewel in the roughScoobsta is a jewel in the rough

beckyjane, first and foremost, spousal sponsorship is NOT based on financial standing ... what my canadian wife did was attach the last wage slips she had during the 12 months and a written expanation stating that she has been in the UK and hence, has paid no Canadian tax since ... these forms are never straightforward and in some instances, i found them to be misleading... we personally stated what we thought was right and attached a note going into detail behind the basis of our answer ...

Old Aug 4th 2005, 4:17 pm
Just Joined

beckyjayne is an unknown quantity at this point

thank you for the reply....
yes i found that a lot of the forms are misleading....
i am just going to put my uk pay stubs and my p45 and p 60 with it too and write a note..hope it is good enough...

thanks for the reply.....