Wikiposts

Finally, got it!

Old Jan 12th 2005, 9:16 am
Just Joined

buffalo_sufferer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Finally, got it!

Hi all,
I finally received the passports with visa stamps yesterday. I would like to thank everyone in this forum and google groups especially Jim and Miller. Many thanks to both you for providing useful and timely guidance.

Here is my timeline:

Applied: Oct 2001 (yes it is not a typo)
Medical: April 2004 ( lost mail caused the delay. Actual medical request was supposed to be in Oct 2002)
Passport request: Dec 2004 ( again lost mail casued the delay. Actual passport request was dated Sept 2004)
Received passports: Jan 2004

Despite of reminding several times, they kept me sending letters to my old address. The eClient was showing my correct address all the time.

I am planning to do the landing in Canada by April 05.

Thanks and good luck to everyone.

---
Old Jan 12th 2005, 10:54 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Finally, got it!

Finally...

Congrats!!!

Originally Posted by buffalo_sufferer
Hi all,
I finally received the passports with visa stamps yesterday. I would like to thank everyone in this forum and google groups especially Jim and Miller. Many thanks to both you for providing useful and timely guidance.

Here is my timeline:

Medical: April 2004 ( lost mail caused the delay. Actual medical request was supposed to be in Oct 2002)
Passport request: Dec 2004 ( again lost mail casued the delay. Actual passport request was dated Sept 2004)

Despite of reminding several times, they kept me sending letters to my old address. The eClient was showing my correct address all the time.

---
Old Jan 13th 2005, 6:57 am
Forum Regular

goodgal is an unknown quantity at this point

congrats!! I applied in feb 2002 I should keep my hope alive...........
Old Jan 13th 2005, 7:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Maple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to behold

~*~**~*~ CONGRATULATIONS ~*~*~**~
Old Jan 13th 2005, 10:11 am
BE Enthusiast

didik will become famous soon enough

What a long wait for buffalo, but turned out to a good end! congrats! could you imagine after this long wait, they refused your visa??? So go and have a party for yourself and family and friends.

Originally Posted by buffalo_sufferer
Hi all,

Here is my timeline:

---
Old Jan 13th 2005, 2:53 pm
Just Joined

buffalo_sufferer is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks!

During the processing I went through many phases. Once there was a policy of old applications to be processed under another set of rules in which they had raised the required eligibility points. I was more or less dissapointed at that time.

During another phase, I was losing hope when I got a notice from Buffalo saying that I didn't appear for Medical in the given time period. Actually I hadn't received any Medical forms.

My daughter was born just months before I applied and now when she is about the Kindergarten age, I am getting the Visa. Amazing !!

But the bottom line is that I just quickly responded with whatever was appropriate at that time and this discussion group and google group helped me a lot.

I am really excited and will be landing in April. I am looking for a house to buy and there is good possibility that I will be able to keep my current job as well!

Thanks everyone!