Final Hurdle - Medicals!

Old May 28th 2010, 9:03 am
Just Joined

The Normans is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Final Hurdle - Medicals!

I am just so excited I had to share. Our little brown envelope arrived yesterday! In fact I almost nearly missed it in the pile of mail expecting it to be junk until we turned it over and saw the post mark!

Can anyone give any advice for the medicals or is it just a case of drink lots of water, a good nights rest and try not to worry? Also any indication of the timeline between medicals and actually receiving your PR visa would be much appreciated. I'm really hoping the whole process is completed by the end of the year. We joked at the beginning of the year that 2010 was the year of Canada, but now it looks as though it might be true.

Thanks
Old May 28th 2010, 12:34 pm
Forum Regular

talltrucker2 has a brilliant futuretalltrucker2 has a brilliant futuretalltrucker2 has a brilliant futuretalltrucker2 has a brilliant futuretalltrucker2 has a brilliant futuretalltrucker2 has a brilliant futuretalltrucker2 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Final Hurdle - Medicals!

congratulations!!!.:

The medicals are nothing to worry about, me and my oh were worried sick and we had so many sleepless nights. we just went straight into number one health london, they were so nice, we were in and out in about an hour,a very pleasant experience.......

I can't answer the timeline question but they say allow up to three months.
were still waiting after five weeks......

good luck.......
Old May 28th 2010, 12:40 pm

TheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there. If you're in reasonably good health then you probably don't need to stress about the medicals. For us it was all pretty straight forward; had to give a urine sample, chest x-ray, quick eye exam and then a general once over - listened to our hearts, tested reflexes, limb movement, all the basic stuff really. We also had to provide my last smear test results and record of the kids' immunizations.

I forget the exact amount of time we had to wait thereafter to receive our PRs. I know it wasn't long as we had already sold and moved out of our house by the time we had our medicals and were staying with my sister and once we got our PRs in the post, we flew to Canada the following week and we only stayed with my sister for a total of 7 weeks!

All the best!
Old May 28th 2010, 12:46 pm
Just Joined

Thanks to you both. That all sounds fairly painless for the medicals. I've made the appointment for a couple of weeks time so fingers crossed but we are both in good general health (as far as I am aware). I am so excited we only sent off our 120 day documents at the end of Jan so I had settled in for what I thought was going to be a very long wait, but it seems to be moving along nicely.
Good luck to both of you too not long to go now before the start of your new life.

The Normans
Old May 28th 2010, 4:40 pm
Just Joined

J2FCM is an unknown quantity at this point

Seems a quick turnaround? Are you FSW1?

Our timeline... still waiting.....

Good luck!
Old May 28th 2010, 7:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Poppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond repute

Our total processing time was 7 months and 1 day, however, we gathered most of the documentation prior to the 120 day letter arriving, so was able to send the documents within a matter of weeks. We waited approx 10 weeks from medical requests to passport requests.

Goodluck - not too long now.

Poppit
Old May 28th 2010, 10:37 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by J2FCM
Seems a quick turnaround? Are you FSW1?

Our timeline... still waiting.....

Good luck!
Hi J2FCM
We sent our initial application to CIC in July, received 120 day letter in Sept/Oct, Docs sent to London in January and Meds received May. I am amazed how quick it has been I really didn't expect it to be as it is really hard to guage, everyone's timeline seems to be different. We are FSW1, I am principle applicant with my job beingon the NOC but my husbands is not.
Hope you get your medical requests through soon. From the posts I've seen recently it looks as though there has been a bunch of them sent out so keep your fingers crossed.

Good Luck
Old May 28th 2010, 11:43 pm
Forum Regular

Can2010 is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations!

Hopefully I'll receive my Medical request by September

All the best