Final checks

Old Jan 8th 2019, 5:11 pm
Forum Regular

philip.arkwright has a reputation beyond reputephilip.arkwright has a reputation beyond reputephilip.arkwright has a reputation beyond reputephilip.arkwright has a reputation beyond reputephilip.arkwright has a reputation beyond reputephilip.arkwright has a reputation beyond reputephilip.arkwright has a reputation beyond reputephilip.arkwright has a reputation beyond reputephilip.arkwright has a reputation beyond reputephilip.arkwright has a reputation beyond reputephilip.arkwright has a reputation beyond repute
Default Final checks

So, I know I’ve had this answered before but we’re getting close and I just want to check that we shouldn’t run into any problems.
We fly LGW to YVR via YYZ with Air Transat on Jan 30th. I’ve got my BC PNP certificate with the recommendation letter, my employer (Provincial Health Services Authority) has paid the compliance fee. I’ve had my medical which should have been uploaded to CIC, I have my UMI. I also have our police check certificates.
I plan to arrive at the border and apply for a temporary work permit there (employer specific for me and open for my wife). Is there anything else I need or should all that suffice?
Should we send off our PR application beforehand or is it ok/better to wait until we’re in Canada?
Old Jan 9th 2019, 2:12 am
Just Joined

Moss man is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Final checks

Hi I would wait till you’re in Canada I think it’s better to have your life up and running and working at your job and you can tell them you’re already living and working in Canada which I think goes a little bit further.
Old Jan 9th 2019, 2:20 am
Forum Regular

Tamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi just one thing we wasn't expecting was we thought we could only get a 2 year work permit !! We have already done what you are about to do and are going through paper based p.r application. But the c.b.s.s officer asked us if we wanted 2 or 3 years work permit and in my tied dirty sleepless state said 2 year please. Wish I would have said 3 years now lol 😏 cause paper based applications are now at 19 months ish !!! So it's cutting it fine now for us. Good luck thou.
Old Jan 9th 2019, 9:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Instructions for processing officers

The duration of the work permit should be equivalent to the duration of the offer of employment. Where the offer of employment is for a “permanent duration”, the work permit will be issued for a maximum of two years.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...-code-t13.html
Old Jan 9th 2019, 2:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Engineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian

Instructions for processing officers

The duration of the work permit should be equivalent to the duration of the offer of employment. Where the offer of employment is for a “permanent duration”, the work permit will be issued for a maximum of two years.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...-code-t13.html
FL, I assume there are some exceptions to this for work permits issued under different streams/programs? My ICT (SKC) work permit was issued for a 4 year duration.
Old Jan 9th 2019, 6:31 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by philip.arkwright
So, I know I’ve had this answered before but we’re getting close and I just want to check that we shouldn’t run into any problems.
We fly LGW to YVR via YYZ with Air Transat on Jan 30th. I’ve got my BC PNP certificate with the recommendation letter, my employer (Provincial Health Services Authority) has paid the compliance fee. I’ve had my medical which should have been uploaded to CIC, I have my UMI. I also have our police check certificates.
I plan to arrive at the border and apply for a temporary work permit there (employer specific for me and open for my wife). Is there anything else I need or should all that suffice?
Should we send off our PR application beforehand or is it ok/better to wait until we’re in Canada?
You're a Provincial Nominee - you have a deadline to meet to submit your full application to IRCC.. so whatever you do don't miss it! Check the expiry date on your Certificate! I would suggest applying as soon as possible - once you have all your documentation required for the application. You never know when programs or streams or requirements will change - always better to put in the completed application as soon as you qualify and have everything you need.

Originally Posted by Moss man
Hi I would wait till you’re in Canada I think it’s better to have your life up and running and working at your job and you can tell them you’re already living and working in Canada which I think goes a little bit further.
Hi and welcome to BE!

You would normally only wait to submit an application for PR until you were working here if you are needing the additional points to apply under Express Entry (for Canadian Experience Class or similar) - or wishing to apply for Provincial Nomination where there might be a minimum working period before you can apply. However, once you have received Provincial Nomination (which the OP has) - you have to submit a complete application for permanent residence to IRCC before the expiry date on the Provincial Nomination Certificate.

Last edited by Siouxie; Jan 9th 2019 at 6:35 pm.