Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Filling in the spousal sponsorship forms.. a couple of questions for experts

Filling in the spousal sponsorship forms.. a couple of questions for experts

Old Jan 6th 2008, 12:45 am
Forum Regular

ptomlin01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Filling in the spousal sponsorship forms.. a couple of questions for experts

In the process of completing our application for spousal sonsorship and I have a couple of questions. Almost there but not sure on a few last things.

My husband is canadian and I am british. He is sponsoring me and my four children.

As we are married, I am assuming we do not have to provide supporting declarations from 2 individuals stating that our relationship is genuine?

Form 1344A page 2, persons being sponsored, as I tick the box for dependant child there is an arrow pointing to 3 boxes marked A, B, C.
Anyone know what these are for? Sorry, if it's a really obvious answer but I can't think.

I have copies of immigrant summary form (addresses and occumpations for last 10 years) to be completed by all applicants over the age of 18. This form does not appear to be on the checklist for my application, do we have to fill this form?

On the application for permanent residence do I stick the photos into the boxes on this form or paperclip/leave them loose?

Do I put N/A or not applicable and do I put this in absolutely every single empty box?

Sorry.. lots of questions there but thanks in advance to anyone who can answer my questions

Last edited by ptomlin01; Jan 6th 2008 at 2:07 am.
Old Jan 6th 2008, 8:30 am
Forum Regular

annemt4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Filling in the spousal sponsorship forms.. a couple of questions for experts

Hi from West Yorkshire. I am most certainly NOT an expert, but feel like one as we are also going thru the same forms - literally - as we speak I am surrounded by them!

I struggled at first on the ABC thing. This is one of your husband's forms as he's the Canadian (I am and sponsoring my British husband). So.... you need to be reading the Part 1:Sponsors Guide IMM 3900E - Part C number 4. It explains it there - you just have to jump around the guides a bit.

Do not stick the photos - keep them in sets. Again all info in is the guide.

We've been putting Not Applicable only in the blank boxes next to the numbered question where it's required for us.

Not sure what you mean by Immigrant summary form. My husband filled out Background/Declaration IMM 0008 where he has to provide all the addressess, occupations etc. That is on the checklist. This form has to be filled out by any dependent children aged 18 or over.

We are not providing the declarations as we are married.

Hope that helps and good luck! I'm totally excited about getting back to BC!!!!

Over to the experts..........
Old Jan 6th 2008, 9:08 am
Forum Regular

ptomlin01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Filling in the spousal sponsorship forms.. a couple of questions for experts

Thank you so much for all your info.. it certainly helps on most things..

Yes we are knee deep in all these forms too.. all spread out on the floor and everything is gradually becoming clearer.

In fact I was so knee deep in all these forms still at 1am this morning I didn't hear a thief walk into my house, steal my car keys and daughters handbag and make away with the car..!! I kid you not.. (even the squealing fanbelt didn't rouse suspicion) so another problem to deal with.. my hubby tells me it wouldn't happen in Canada..

Anyway on the subject of the form filling, it is so easy to make mistakes and I don't want to make a silly error and have the whole thing returned as many have in the past.

The immigrant summary form ... I think I downloaded separately, found it by accident and now I have it I'm not sure if it has to be filled.. I did some searching today and thought I read Andrew Miller telling someone they needed it. But lots of cases differ so not sure if it applies to me/us..

Good luck with your application.. I think I made a mistake with my subject heading asking for 'experts' to help.. I think we could almost all be classed as experts once we have got through it successfully!
Old Jan 6th 2008, 9:14 am
Forum Regular

annemt4 is an unknown quantity at this point

OMG!!!!!!!! We are shocked!!!!! So sorry to hear about the thieving! :curse:I have to agree with your husband.....roll on getting to Canada!!!!

Best of luck with everything too. and hopefully you'll get some other replies too to help!