Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Filling PR Forms - Few Questions - Buffalo

Wikiposts

Filling PR Forms - Few Questions - Buffalo

Old Feb 5th 2001, 2:56 am
Rado

Hello,

my first question is whether anyone knows what is current processing time for PR
applications in Buffalo - independednt class (software developer).

Second one - according to Immigration website there is pilot project testing processing of
some applications within Canada - in Ottawa. Is it possible to file application in Ottawa
if I currently live in Canada?

Me and my wife would like to apply for PR. We live in Canada since June 2000. I've been
working in Canada - I have work visa.

When filling application forms I found few sections, that are a bit confusing. These
sections are intended to find out, whether there is something that can help me in Canada
until I'm self supporting. Since I am self supporting now I'm not sure what information to
put there.

Page 3 of 4: Part B SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS

Section 5: The following person, employer or organization in Canada has offered me to
assist me after arrival (Name address and copy of job offer, if you have one):

?? Should I specify my current employer? (It will look strange if I do so because they
will not really be helping me 'after I arrive' since I'm already in Canada.

Section 8: How much money will you bring with you?

?? Should I specify some amount here since I am self supporting and I do not need
money for 'the beginning'? If yes, should I specify my current bank ballance - or
future one ?

Thank you for any info, Rado

Old Feb 5th 2001, 11:23 am
WebImmigration.Com

Hi:

The current processing time is between 6 to 14 months depending on whether or not you are
required to attend an interview.

The Independnet Immigrant pilot project only applies to individuals from London, Hong Kong
and New Delhi. If your home country is listed, then you can submit your application
pursuant to this program.

You must itemized your education, and work experience, including your current employer.

You must indicate the amount of funds you have available to settle in Canada eg. savings.

For more information on immigration to Canada go to www.webimmigration.com

Yours truly, Ingrid Y. Chen, B.A., LL.B.

> Hello,
>
> my first question is whether anyone knows what is current processing time
for
> PR applications in Buffalo - independednt class (software developer).
>
> Second one - according to Immigration website there is pilot project
testing
> processing of some applications within Canada - in Ottawa. Is it possible
to
> file application in Ottawa if I currently live in Canada?
>
> Me and my wife would like to apply for PR. We live in Canada since June
> I've been working in Canada - I have work visa.
>
> When filling application forms I found few sections, that are a bit confusing. These
> sections are intended to find out, whether there is something that can help me in Canada
> until I'm self supporting. Since I am self supporting now I'm not sure what information
> to put there.
>
> Page 3 of 4: Part B SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
>
> Section 5: The following person, employer or organization in Canada has offered me to
> assist me after arrival (Name address and copy of job offer,
if
> you have one):
>
> ?? Should I specify my current employer? (It will look strange if I do so because they
> will not really be helping me 'after I arrive' since I'm
already
> in Canada.
>
> Section 8: How much money will you bring with you?
>
> ?? Should I specify some amount here since I am self supporting and I do
not
> need money for 'the beginning'? If yes, should I specify my current bank ballance - or
> future one ?
>
>
> Thank you for any info, Rado