Filling Forms Error

Old Sep 6th 2005, 8:28 pm
Just Joined

fomar is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Filling Forms Error

I would be gratefull if someone could answer my following questions

1- in the form "Application for Permenant Residence in Canada" number: "imm0008", I am applying as a single applicant without any family, as I do not have a wife nor children, So should I leave the section of "Details of family members" blank or should I type "N/A". If "N/A" is the answer, should I type "N/A" in all fields including any Date field, or it is enough to type it in the first field only.

2- in the form "Schedule 1", I am trying to answer question 11 "Personal History" and I use the option of fillable form in PDF. When I start to fill in the activity fileds, a strange action appears: I can see what I am typing but once I leave the field, the information I have entered disappeared. When I come back and but the cursor in that field, the data shows up again and so on. So I am afraid I am doing something wrong, or is there any errors in the PDF form itself?

If there are errors in the fillable PDF forms, could someone point me to where I can get error-free forms. Please note that I have downloaded the forms from CIC web site : http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/applications/skilled.html

Thank you in advance
Old Sep 6th 2005, 8:43 pm
Forum Regular

T@m@s is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Filling Forms Error

Originally Posted by fomar
2- in the form "Schedule 1", I am trying to answer question 11 "Personal History" and I use the option of fillable form in PDF. When I start to fill in the activity fileds, a strange action appears: I can see what I am typing but once I leave the field, the information I have entered disappeared. When I come back and but the cursor in that field, the data shows up again and so on. So I am afraid I am doing something wrong, or is there any errors in the PDF form itself?

If there are errors in the fillable PDF forms, could someone point me to where I can get error-free forms. Please note that I have downloaded the forms from CIC web site : http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/applications/skilled.html

Thank you in advance
About your second question, I don´t think the form is erroneous, the problem must be with your Adobe Acrobat Reader. Try to update it, or uninstall and install a fresh copy from the Net (it's free).
I had some problem quiet similar than yours once, and reinstalling Adobe Acrobat Reader solved the problem.
Here http://www.adobe.com/products/acroba...lversions.html you can download the version that suits your platform (Windows, Mac, Unix ...)
Old Sep 6th 2005, 9:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Reghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to all

For your second question :- uninstalling and reinstalling usually solves the problem that u are facing

As for the first question :- I read somewhere that u should put -na-. if u do not put then also i dont think it is a major problem. But it is preferable to put it, as u dont loose anything by putting -NA-. I had put -NA- in those feilds as i dont have a wife or any kids myself.

but still u could get more confirmation.

Take care.
Old Sep 6th 2005, 9:32 pm
Just Joined

Thank you T@m@s and Reghuraj for your reply.

I will try to uninstall and then reinstall again

Reghuraj, Have you also used "N/A" in date fields. I think the fillable form does not accept text characters in those fields? What do you think?
Old Sep 6th 2005, 9:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Reghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to all

Originally Posted by fomar
Thank you T@m@s and Reghuraj for your reply.

I will try to uninstall and then reinstall again

Reghuraj, Have you also used "N/A" in date fields. I think the fillable form does not accept text characters in those fields? What do you think?
no, i have not put "N/A" in date fields it did not let me to. I just left it blank. anyway "N/A" is understood as the field before and after it contains "N/A".
Old Sep 7th 2005, 12:16 am
Just Joined

Thank you,

Actually, after reinstalling PDF Reader, the problem is the same. So could you please send me the forms "Schedule 1" and "Schedule 3", I will Private message both of you to give you my email.

Thanks in advance
Old Sep 7th 2005, 12:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Sorry for the delay in replying, you could directly download it from the cic site. Irrespective of whoever sends it or from wherever u download it, the problem will remain unless u solve the problem of Acrobat reader.

you could contact the Adobe help pages to get some help.
Old Sep 7th 2005, 1:44 am
Forum Regular

T@m@s is an unknown quantity at this point

The sent forms you should ONLY use for testing your Adobe PDF Reader.
When you solved the problem, download a fresh copy from CIC's Website and use them.
What is your operating system (Windows 95/98/2000/Xp, Mac System ?...)
Old Sep 7th 2005, 5:26 pm
Just Joined

Thank you,

It is XP with service pack 2