Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

File is with the officer for review

File is with the officer for review

Old Apr 2nd 2008, 6:40 pm
Just Joined

are-we-there-yet is an unknown quantity at this point
Default File is with the officer for review

Hello everyone,
I inquired about status of my pr application from CHC Colombo, by filling out an inquiry form available at the entrance to the Embassy and received the answer listed below.

"This case/these documents are with the officer for review. We will contact you when we are in a position to do so"

Could anybody explain me what that suppose to mean? By the way, I have done medicals 7 months ago.

Thanks for your assistance
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 7:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Reghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to all
Default Re: File is with the officer for review

Originally Posted by are-we-there-yet
Hello everyone,
I inquired about status of my pr application from CHC Colombo, by filling out an inquiry form available at the entrance to the Embassy and received the answer listed below.

"This case/these documents are with the officer for review. We will contact you when we are in a position to do so"

Could anybody explain me what that suppose to mean? By the way, I have done medicals 7 months ago.

Thanks for your assistance
Hello

I think it means just what it says... that the officer is reviewing your case and will contact you when he is in a position to do so. Maybe the security and background check is taking a longer time.

hope you hear from them soon.

regs
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 12:35 am
Just Joined

Thanks for your reply. My other concern is weather this review is common for everyone since 7 months after medicals is a pretty long time.
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 1:54 am
Analyst for hire

Ben W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think we have any info on processing times in Columbo or how they do it. Most people here are British and applying through London, so if you were there we'd say it's a reasonably long wait. Unfortunately we just don't know what is normal for Columbo.
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 5:50 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by Ben W Bell
I don't think we have any info on processing times in Columbo or how they do it. Most people here are British and applying through London, so if you were there we'd say it's a reasonably long wait. Unfortunately we just don't know what is normal for Columbo.
If you are interested in average processing times for applications already processed, then you check: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa.../menu-perm.asp or http://www.trackitt.com/canada-immigration-trackers/ for personal experiences.
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 5:42 pm
Just Joined

Well, thank you all for your replies. Ill find something else to draw my attention till hear from CHC.
Regards