Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

a few questions concerning spousal app

Wikiposts

a few questions concerning spousal app

Old Feb 14th 2009, 7:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Cdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of light
Default a few questions concerning spousal app

ok am filling in my husbands app...he is brit I am cdn

Now we are both divorced prior, they want to know when those relationships started and ended AND divorce date. Well wouldn't end date and divorce be same? or would you use separtion date as end date?

Also on background/declaration- It wants addresses and jobs going back til app was 18,,but guide says 10 yrs which is it?

reminds me of left and right hand....geesh
Old Feb 14th 2009, 10:53 am
Islander

windward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to all
Default Re: a few questions concerning spousal app

Originally Posted by Cdnshaz

Now we are both divorced prior, they want to know when those relationships started and ended AND divorce date. Well wouldn't end date and divorce be same? or would you use separtion date as end date?

Also on background/declaration- It wants addresses and jobs going back til app was 18,,but guide says 10 yrs which is it?

No idea on the divorce/end date, but common sense - as far as that takes you with these forms - says end date = separation, not divorce date, or why would they split them?

From what I recall of that form, the wording is quite specific on how far back you need to go with your personal history, isn't it back to age 18 or previous 10 years whichever is the longer? I'm sure they explain that question properly even if the rest of them are as vague as they possibly can be
Old Feb 14th 2009, 10:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Cdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of light

well I have read til I am cross side, this is what it says on cic website

"You must account for every month during the past 10 years."

that is under addresses for background/declaration. So guess that is why I am confused..Peter says one thing, Paul says another
Old Feb 14th 2009, 11:25 pm
Forum Regular

Canada Dry will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Cdnshaz

Hi, we are same route as yourselves, just had a letter from London requesting further information as the employment history should have been dated back to when hubby was 18 years old and we only did the last 10 years. So complete back to when he was 18 to present and leave no gaps i.e. any unemployment etc etc. They said the application was incomplete due to our error. Hope this helps you.
Old Feb 14th 2009, 11:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

hiya
yes it does help, I have filled in all jobs and addresses back to his 18th b-day, for heavens sakes the man is near 50, he can't remember what he had for dinner yesterday, how is to remember all the places he lived and where he worked as he has been on same job for near 30 yrs now...
Old Feb 14th 2009, 11:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

MR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to all

hi,

Ok if you were 18, 10 years ago then give 10 year history but if you was older then give details from when you was 18, im guessing this is correct.