Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

A few application form questions - Help would be very much appreciated

A few application form questions - Help would be very much appreciated

Old Dec 6th 2009, 7:49 am
Forum Regular

tastyh will become famous soon enoughtastyh will become famous soon enough
Default A few application form questions - Help would be very much appreciated

Hey there

I'm just preparing to send off my BC PNP application next week and just had a few questions about some parts of the application forms (for both the PNP and PR forms)

1) On the BC PNP Information Release Form it asks for the prospective employee residential address - since I am already in Canada would I put my Canadian address down?

2) On the PR imm0008_1 form it asks for my country of Citizenship (UK) and country of residence - should I put down Canada?

3) On the PR application it asks which visa office I'm requesting - would it be best to choose London or Buffalo? Does one office tend to be faster than the other?

Sorry if these questions sound dumb I'm just trying get all my bases covered!

Thanks
Old Dec 6th 2009, 8:30 am
Forum Regular

Default Re: A few application form questions - Help would be very much appreciated

Also - I was wondering..

What does the PR visa actually look like when you get your passports back? Does it look like a work permit? And it it literally shiny or is that just figurative? haha.
Old Dec 6th 2009, 9:45 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: A few application form questions - Help would be very much appreciated

...anyone?
Old Dec 6th 2009, 11:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

bodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by tastyh
Hey there

I'm just preparing to send off my BC PNP application next week and just had a few questions about some parts of the application forms (for both the PNP and PR forms)

1) On the BC PNP Information Release Form it asks for the prospective employee residential address - since I am already in Canada would I put my Canadian address down?

2) On the PR imm0008_1 form it asks for my country of Citizenship (UK) and country of residence - should I put down Canada?

3) On the PR application it asks which visa office I'm requesting - would it be best to choose London or Buffalo? Does one office tend to be faster than the other?

Sorry if these questions sound dumb I'm just trying get all my bases covered!

Thanks
1 - Sounds sensible.
2 - What is you current country of residence?
3 - I don't know - but the average processing times (per office) are on the CIC site.
Old Dec 7th 2009, 5:06 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for your reply. Canada is my country of temporary residence - so i guess I'll put that down for number 2?