Fee's

Old Aug 10th 2011, 8:21 pm
Just Joined

charlotte37 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Fee's

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
If you go to the fees calculator, it will tell you exactly what you'll pay (which includes the RPRF). And yes, it's only for adults, so $980 for you both.

Edit: just Googled it for you, no. 4 on this page - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/fees.asp
Thank u all for that info. I didn't realise I have 4 yrs to go after I receive confirmation I can go.
Here's another quandry I am in. I have used the online points system calculator to establish whether it would be best for me or my partner to be the applicant, we both come out with the same points, as long as I stay here for 2 yrs to get the experience. I have just got my degree in social work. However, my partner had her certificates stolen out of her car 11 yrs ago. She has got a letter from her employer confirming her qualifications prior to them being stolen. This is because the examining award bodies no longer exist. The employer's here except the letter do you think immergration would except it too.

Thanks Charlotte
Old Aug 10th 2011, 8:33 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by charlotte37
I have used the online points system calculator to establish whether it would be best for me or my partner to be the applicant, we both come out with the same points, as long as I stay here for 2 yrs to get the experience.
OK, so you can't apply now anyway if you need another two years of experience to get the required points - you must meet the points score at the time of applying. Presumably you'd be applying under Social Worker? So you'd also need at least a year full-time work experience to qualify as a Skilled Worker. So it may be better for your partner to be the principal applicant if she qualifies now.

Originally Posted by charlotte37
However, my partner had her certificates stolen out of her car 11 yrs ago. She has got a letter from her employer confirming her qualifications prior to them being stolen. This is because the examining award bodies no longer exist. The employer's here except the letter do you think immergration would except it too.
You'd need proof that the examining bodies no longer exist. What kind of qualifications were they, can she really not get copies of the certs? How about something from the college/uni she attended to confirm them maybe? You may also find that she'll need the certificates to get licensed or qualified in Canada, what job would she be applying under?

Old Aug 10th 2011, 11:34 pm
Forum Regular

TheKellys5 is on a distinguished road

You will definitely need medicals for a FSW application. Figure between £200 and £300 for an adult, and approx £200 for a child.

We had our medicals done at the Nottingham one from the approved list - cost us £799 for me, wifey and 3 kids all in - included them sending results direct to visa post.
Old Aug 11th 2011, 12:39 am
Account Closed

Dave n Ailsa is an unknown quantity at this point

If you go to the fees calculator, it will tell you exactly what you'll pay (which includes the RPRF). And yes, it's only for adults, so $980 for you both.

Edit: just Googled it for you, no. 4 on this page - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/fees.asp
Thanks for that. I did another search.

Looks like you don't pay the RPRF fees till you are requested to do so, which means things are moving along.

Also, a request for medicals seems to be a good sign of progress.

But for the initial applications we'll be parting with $1400
Old Aug 11th 2011, 10:47 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dave n Ailsa
But for the initial applications we'll be parting with $1400
Given that the whole cost of moving will run in to tens of thousands of pounds, consider it a small drop in a very large ocean! The visa fees are actually one of the smallest amounts you'll pay.
Old Aug 11th 2011, 2:36 pm
Account Closed

Dave n Ailsa is an unknown quantity at this point

Given that the whole cost of moving will run in to tens of thousands of pounds, consider it a small drop in a very large ocean! The visa fees are actually one of the smallest amounts you'll pay.
I know this.

But parting with $1400, then another $1000 to potentially be told you're not getting in, is a lot of money.

I'm fully aware and prepared for the many multiple of thousands this will cost once we get approval.
Old Aug 11th 2011, 2:52 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Dave n Ailsa
But parting with $1400, then another $1000 to potentially be told you're not getting in, is a lot of money.
Don't forget the £1000 or so for a family of four to have medicals, plus another £250 for IELTs and police checks, money for degree transcripts, passport photos, etc, etc.......!!

It is a lot of money, I agree, but very few people fail at the latter stages unless it's for medical reasons, and if they are deemed ineligible at the first part then the application fees are refunded anyway.