Fee's

Old Aug 9th 2011, 9:20 am
Just Joined

charlotte37 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Fee's

I am looking to move to Canada and I am trying to price up the cost for me and my family. Does anyone know how much the medical examination, police certificates and language assessments cost? Is there a different price for children and adults? I would appreciate any help!
Old Aug 9th 2011, 10:05 am
Edo
BE Forum Addict

Edo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fee's

Originally Posted by charlotte37
I am looking to move to Canada and I am trying to price up the cost for me and my family. Does anyone know how much the medical examination, police certificates and language assessments cost? Is there a different price for children and adults? I would appreciate any help!
I am a single person and did the whole applicaition process myself which cost me under £1500. Medicals were under £300. Dont think the overall cost for kids would be noticably less than an adult except that only the main applicant has to take IELTS which was around £110 when I booked. Application fees depend on the exhange rate as well cuz you pay them on CAD$.
Old Aug 9th 2011, 10:06 am

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Medicals - give your local DMP a call to find out - http://www.cic.gc.ca/dmp-md/medicali...ryName=England

Police Certs - normal £35 - fast service £70 (per person - only over 18's need them)

IELTS - principal applicant only - approx £105
Old Aug 9th 2011, 12:08 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

It would be helpful if you could tell us which visa route you are thinking of? As fees do vary, and so do the requirements i.e. IELTS isn't required for all routes.

Welcome to the forum btw.

Old Aug 9th 2011, 2:20 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
It would be helpful if you could tell us which visa route you are thinking of? As fees do vary, and so do the requirements i.e. IELTS isn't required for all routes.

Welcome to the forum btw.

Idealy I want to become a Canadian Citizen. I am trying to see whether going over to Canada on a working visa would be easier and cheaper or not.
Old Aug 9th 2011, 4:03 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Idealy I want to become a Canadian Citizen. I am trying to see whether going over to Canada on a working visa would be easier and cheaper or not.
That's just confused things even more! Easier and cheaper than what?

Have you been a Permanent Resident living in Canada for at least 3 years, or do you have a claim to Canadian citizenship i.e. from a parent born there? Those are the only ways to get Canadian citizenship, but then you talk about a working visa which implies you don't have either of those as an option?

Also, what kind of working visa - a Working Holiday Visa, a Temporary Work Permit, an intra-company transfer TWP, etc?

If you can clarify what you are after, then we can help you figure out the fees. As you can imagine, they're very different for a Working Holiday Visa versus a citizenship application!

Old Aug 10th 2011, 8:02 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
That's just confused things even more! Easier and cheaper than what?

Have you been a Permanent Resident living in Canada for at least 3 years, or do you have a claim to Canadian citizenship i.e. from a parent born there? Those are the only ways to get Canadian citizenship, but then you talk about a working visa which implies you don't have either of those as an option?

Also, what kind of working visa - a Working Holiday Visa, a Temporary Work Permit, an intra-company transfer TWP, etc?

If you can clarify what you are after, then we can help you figure out the fees. As you can imagine, they're very different for a Working Holiday Visa versus a citizenship application!

Sorry for confusing things. I am after permanent residency for me and my family. I am going down the skilled worker path. I have researched the country and been over there a few times, which area I want to live in, house prices, and such. Now I'm researching the visa part. I have 1 year before I am going to submit my forms due to 1 of my children going through her GCSE's.
Old Aug 10th 2011, 11:31 am
Account Closed

Dave n Ailsa is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome Charlotte.

Me and my family are just starting the visa process.

We are going the skilled worker route based on my wife's work experience and qualifications. (I'm just a bum )

We priced up the application at $1325.. (Dollars)
Me, wife, two kids.
Kids go cheaper.

But we also have:

IELTS test at £115
Police checks at £70 (for two of us)

Timeline for this will be around two years, as we will have missed this years cap for the NOC section Ailsa would be applying, so we won't be submitting our app till July when the cap is reset.

There's a handy fees calculator on the CIC website here:

https://services3.cic.gc.ca/efee/efee.do?lang=en

Hope that helps.
Old Aug 10th 2011, 12:24 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Dave n Ailsa
Welcome Charlotte.

We are going the skilled worker route based on my wife's work experience and qualifications. (I'm just a bum )

Me, wife, two kids.
Kids go cheaper.

But we also have:

IELTS test at £115

Timeline for this will be around two years, as we will have missed this years cap for the NOC section Ailsa would be applying, so we won't be submitting our app till July when the cap is reset.

Hope that helps.
Thanx for that. It's a great help. There so much info on this site it confuses me.
Old Aug 10th 2011, 4:34 pm
Account Closed

Yeah, it took us a while to get our heads round it, but it's starting to make sense now. Kinda

Basically, before you can apply this route, you need:

IELTS test result (English speaking exam) and yes, every principle applicant must take it, no matter if you were born and raised in GB

Police checks (Preferably without a list of convictions)

Qualifications Certificates and certified by Uni etc

Later in the process it says you "may" need to take a medical examination, but in other parts of the CIC websites it says you MUST take a medical examination.
We'll jump off the bridge when we come to it.
Old Aug 10th 2011, 4:45 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Welcome Charlotte.

Me, wife, two kids.
Kids go cheaper.

But we also have:

IELTS test at £115

Hope that helps.
1. Your cost would actually be $1400. $550x2 + $150x2
2. Also there would be RPRF of $490x2
Old Aug 10th 2011, 4:49 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Sorry for confusing things. I am after permanent residency for me and my family. I am going down the skilled worker path. I have researched the country and been over there a few times, which area I want to live in, house prices, and such. Now I'm researching the visa part. I have 1 year before I am going to submit my forms due to 1 of my children going through her GCSE's.
You don't mention how many children you've got, but it's $550 per adult, and $150 per child for a FSW application, plus $490 RPRF for each adult. Then add on your IELTS, police checks, medicals etc. Plus don't forget you'd need proof of funds which will also vary depending on how many in your family.

Why wait for a year? If your job is on the list of eligible occupations then I'd really recommend you apply now, it'll take a year or so to get the visas anyway and then once you've got them you've got approx 4 years before you actually have to move. Just that there is no guarantee your job will still be on the list of occupations next year, so maybe better to apply whilst you are definitely eligible? What do you do - maybe if you tell us what you'd be applying under we can tell you if we think there is a chance of your occupation being removed or not.

I know a lot of it is confusing, but there is a fee calculator on the CIC website which is very good, so maybe look there to figure out your exact costs? Then add on the extra £15-20k or so it'll *actually* cost you to move and set up home in Canada!

Best of luck with it, hope the forum is useful to you.

Old Aug 10th 2011, 4:51 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Later in the process it says you "may" need to take a medical examination, but in other parts of the CIC websites it says you MUST take a medical examination.
We'll jump off the bridge when we come to it.
You will definitely need medicals for a FSW application. Figure between £200 and £300 for an adult, and approx £200 for a child.

Old Aug 10th 2011, 7:09 pm
Account Closed

And now I'm confused again, lol

Ok, I was reading the family class section instead of the skilled worker section, which makes your figure of $1400 correct.

But what of this RPRF fee? It doesn't really explain this properly. Why did you say it would be $490 x 2 ?

Presumably that means for adults only, but where does it say that on the site?

Thanks,

Dave.

Last edited by Dave n Ailsa; Aug 10th 2011 at 7:11 pm. Reason: Quoted wrong person
Old Aug 10th 2011, 7:18 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

And now I'm confused again, lol

Ok, I was reading the family class section instead of the skilled worker section, which makes your figure of $1400 correct.

But what of this RPRF fee? It doesn't really explain this properly. Why did you say it would be $490 x 2 ?

Presumably that means for adults only, but where does it say that on the site?

Thanks,

Dave.
If you go to the fees calculator, it will tell you exactly what you'll pay (which includes the RPRF). And yes, it's only for adults, so $980 for you both.

Edit: just Googled it for you, no. 4 on this page - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/fees.asp

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.