Feeling despondent

Old Mar 2nd 2020, 6:13 am
Just Joined

Liesel is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Feeling despondent

Hello everyone and thanks for reading. We are a family of 5 who are super keen to move to calgary. My hubby and I both have masters degrees and lots of experience in our fields which are both in the skilled worker list category A. That said, we still only get 460 points on the express entry test. We find the french test examples really difficult so we feel we would be wasting time trying to do the test, but we're hoping for some advice on how to increase our points so we can guarantee we get into the express entry. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. We are both 41 so want to apply before July when we turn 42 and loose even more points 😕
Old Mar 2nd 2020, 9:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Revin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Feeling despondent

Have you looked into the PNP route, takes longer but from what you say your qualifications and work experience would virtually guarantee PR and once you are nominated (usually a relatively rapid process) and have submitted your PR application I think you are allowed to move to the province while the federal part of the application is processed. The only problem would be if your application was turned down for some unforeseen reason and you had to return.
Old Mar 2nd 2020, 9:16 am
Forum Regular

Frazzle is an unknown quantity at this point

Have you checked to see if you are eligible for Alberta PNP?
I was down on 380 points before nomination from Manitoba and feeling down but it can still work out.
Instead of waiting for nomination in the EE pool it's definitely worth applying direct if it's a possibility.
Old Mar 2nd 2020, 1:04 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

I would agree that PNP is worth looking at (although I personally disagree with the 'virtually guarantee PR' - most PNP streams still require a job offer!). Have a look and see if you are eligible for any of the streams under the AINP.

Can you break your points down for us so we can see how/where you can increase them?

And at 460, I'd still be applying asap, as you're in with a chance now at that level anyway.
Old Mar 2nd 2020, 2:32 pm
Forum Regular

Will_PA has a reputation beyond reputeWill_PA has a reputation beyond reputeWill_PA has a reputation beyond reputeWill_PA has a reputation beyond reputeWill_PA has a reputation beyond reputeWill_PA has a reputation beyond reputeWill_PA has a reputation beyond reputeWill_PA has a reputation beyond reputeWill_PA has a reputation beyond reputeWill_PA has a reputation beyond reputeWill_PA has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa

And at 460, I'd still be applying asap, as you're in with a chance now at that level anyway.
+1
Old Mar 2nd 2020, 5:12 pm
Just Joined

Liesel is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks everyone for your comments so far. I will have a look at PNP for Alberta.