Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

fee paiment for Québec Selection Certificate

fee paiment for Québec Selection Certificate

Old Jul 20th 2005, 5:09 am
Forum Regular

bulle is a name known to allbulle is a name known to allbulle is a name known to allbulle is a name known to allbulle is a name known to allbulle is a name known to allbulle is a name known to allbulle is a name known to allbulle is a name known to allbulle is a name known to allbulle is a name known to all
Default fee paiment for Québec Selection Certificate

hi!
i'd like to know if someone has applied for the PR via Québec? i'm going to
applied for the Québec Selection Certificate and i wonder what are the possibilities to pay the fees... in their web site, they talked about bank cheque, but my bank said that they don't make bank cheques... is a money order or a draft could be ok?
thanks
Old Jul 20th 2005, 5:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Ibraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to all
Default Re: fee paiment for Québec Selection Certificate

I pay by bank draft but need to be withdrawn on canadian bank

Originally Posted by bulle
hi!
i'd like to know if someone has applied for the PR via Québec? i'm going to
applied for the Québec Selection Certificate and i wonder what are the possibilities to pay the fees... in their web site, they talked about bank cheque, but my bank said that they don't make bank cheques... is a money order or a draft could be ok?
thanks
Old Jul 20th 2005, 8:23 am
Forum Regular

PK_CA has a brilliant futurePK_CA has a brilliant futurePK_CA has a brilliant futurePK_CA has a brilliant futurePK_CA has a brilliant futurePK_CA has a brilliant future

I paid via bank transfer. I remember, they posted me all the transfer details with the initial form.
goodluck for the application.
Old Jul 20th 2005, 9:28 am
BE Enthusiast

bhalerao is on a distinguished road

Hey bulle,

First tell where are u applying from? I think that you can send bank demand draft that is payable in Canada in Canadian Dollars. Btw. The Loonie is getting stronger and stronger. So do it fast.
Old Jul 20th 2005, 10:17 am
Forum Regular

bulle is a name known to allbulle is a name known to allbulle is a name known to allbulle is a name known to allbulle is a name known to allbulle is a name known to allbulle is a name known to allbulle is a name known to allbulle is a name known to allbulle is a name known to allbulle is a name known to all

hi all!
i'm applying from Toronto but will send my file to Paris (i'm from France, some say it's faster than NY)... i have a canadian bank account, so i will pay with this account.
In their web site, the BIQ says: 'Le paiement doit s'effectuer en DOLLARS CANADIENS en un seul versement, par chèque de banque ou chèque international (chèque émis par un bureau de change), libellé au nom de la Délégation générale du Québec '
that means they want to be paid in one time by a bank cheque. Then, no wire transfer
but what is the equivalent in Canada for a bank cheque? my bank doesn't understand what a bank cheque is...
so, do you think that if i pay by a draft, they will accept it?
Thx!

Originally Posted by bhalerao
Hey bulle,

First tell where are u applying from? I think that you can send bank demand draft that is payable in Canada in Canadian Dollars. Btw. The Loonie is getting stronger and stronger. So do it fast.
Old Jul 20th 2005, 6:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

proo is a name known to allproo is a name known to allproo is a name known to allproo is a name known to allproo is a name known to allproo is a name known to allproo is a name known to allproo is a name known to allproo is a name known to allproo is a name known to allproo is a name known to all

Originally Posted by bulle
hi all!
i'm applying from Toronto but will send my file to Paris (i'm from France, some say it's faster than NY)... i have a canadian bank account, so i will pay with this account.
In their web site, the BIQ says: 'Le paiement doit s'effectuer en DOLLARS CANADIENS en un seul versement, par chèque de banque ou chèque international (chèque émis par un bureau de change), libellé au nom de la Délégation générale du Québec '
that means they want to be paid in one time by a bank cheque. Then, no wire transfer
but what is the equivalent in Canada for a bank cheque? my bank doesn't understand what a bank cheque is...
so, do you think that if i pay by a draft, they will accept it?
Thx!
I think the banker's cheque is the same as a banker's draft (in UK anyway). I got a 'cheque de banque' from Credit Agricole (took a few days) in France so if you still have a French account.....